Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Wesley Clark did nothing wrong. 
    Oh, the irony........

link

mtnsnake (1000+ posts) Mon Jun-30-08 10:23 PM
    Original message
    Wesley Clark did nothing wrong. Once again the media fucked us over, we fell for it & succombed
    I can't freaking believe how we still don't know how to play the game.

The only reason there is a firestorm over General Clark's benign comments is because the media made a mountain out of a molehill AGAIN by taking something completely out of context, and our people got scared and rolled over instead of sticking to our guns and staying on the offensive.

General Clark said nothing wrong. NOTHING. He was set up by a remark which that asshole, Bob Schieffer, made when he was referencing Barack Obama. Only problem is, the media is not telling everyone that Schieffer referenced Obama just before Clark made his remark in response to it. All anyone is hearing is Clark's answer, period.

Instead of our people getting on the air and backing up one of our best Democrats for doing nothing wrong, they question his judgment and abandon him, leaving him to the sharks all on his own. How pathetic is that.

The sad thing is that General Clark's judgment was dead-on accurate and there was nothing insulting with what he said if you listen to the conversation that led up to his remarks.

Just before Clark's remark, he and Schieffer were arguing whether McCain's war experiences were valid experience for being President. Then came Schieffer's remark about Obama....

Schieffer: "I'd have to say, Barack Obama has not had any of those experiences either, nor has he ridden in a fighter plane and gotten shot down."

Clark: "Well I don't think riding in a fighter plane and getting shot down is a qualification to be President. But Barack is not..he is not running on the fact that he has made these national security pronouncements. He's running on his other strengths. He's running on the strength of his character, he's running on the strength of his communication skills, on the strength of his judgment"...and so on.

In the context of the conversation between Schieffer and General Clark, General Clark has nothing to be ashamed of. The media is only playing that one sentence by Clark and not Schieffer's remarks leading up to it, nor what Clark said afterward. Despite what anyone from the Obama camp is saying about Clark's remarks, I just hope to hell that some of our other Democrats give some much deserved support to Wesley Clark tomorrow. This shit could have been nipped in the bud if only our people stood up to it right from the start.

General Clark was in the process of giving our campaign a gift with which to tear McCain apart, and all we did was waste that gift away.

Here is a link to the video if anyone wants to hear General Clark's remarks in the context of the situation:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=iXOE0oGRNXA
    Yep, he said nothing wrong or insulting...........but, if only our side had shut up we could have torn McCain apart based on what Clark said.

Just.....WOW

It's not a qualification. Clark is a 4 star general and was shot 4 times. He has a right to his
    opinion. I know plenty of heroic veterans but they are not qualifed to be president.
    They are qualified to fight and be warriors but getting captured in a combat zone does not qualify
    one to run the highest office in the land. It's an opinon.

Of course it's not a qualification, and yes it's an opinion.

The irony is that no one that I know of is stating that McCain is qualified based only on his service record.

Then the OP states in essence that Clark didn't say anything wrong......didn't use his (McCains) service recond to slam McCain....but if liberals had only shut up they could have used what Clark said to "tear McCain apart."

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post

The irony is that no one that I know of is stating that McCain is qualified based only on his service record.

Then the OP states in essence that Clark didn't say anything wrong......didn't use his (McCains) service recond to slam McCain....but if liberals had only shut up they could have used what Clark said to "tear McCain apart."
    You're right. But what the libs don't understand is that by opening up this can of worms, it's going to point right back at Obama's "qualifications"---a junior senator who hasn't even gotten a second term yet with no military service. His only qualification is being an Acorn worker and a stint in the Illinois legislature. That is not the resume of someone serving as Commander in Chief.

Wesley Clark is someone else who has blind ambition. He was a Hillary supporter, then turned almost instantly to Obama. Some folks will do anything to be VP. He should be ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    You're right. But what the libs don't understand is that by opening up this can of worms, it's going to point right back at Obama's "qualifications"---a junior senator who hasn't even gotten a second term yet with no military service. His only qualification is being an Acorn worker and a stint in the Illinois legislature. That is not the resume of someone serving as Commander in Chief.

Wesley Clark is someone else who has blind ambition. He was a Hillary supporter, then turned almost instantly to Obama. Some folks will do anything to be VP. He should be ashamed.
    Fat chance of that.

This kind of behaivior is what gets people REWARDED by liberals and dems.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post

Actually this whole thing is a red herring. The real elephant in the living room is Obama's complete lack of ANY qualifications to be running for President. Two years in the Senate, and, before that, part-time member of the Illinois legislature? And lots of "present" votes?

Even if you take out McCain's military service and POW experience, he STILL is far more qualified than the empty suit chosen by Howie Dean and Donna (gag) Brazille.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Actually this whole thing is a red herring. The real elephant in the living room is Obama's complete lack of ANY qualifications to be running for President. Two years in the Senate, and, before that, part-time member of the Illinois legislature? And lots of "present" votes?

Even if you take out McCain's military service and POW experience, he STILL is far more qualified than the empty suit chosen by Howie Dean and Donna (gag) Brazille.
    Bless ya Kiddo, you nailed it! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post

What was JFK's experience before he was elected? (1 term i think as Sen..)

What was Reagens? (screen actors guild...then gov'r)

I'm no Obama supporter...but I think we walk a fine line when using the "lack of exp." arguement in these discussions...

TBH I would rather have someone with no exp but great Ideals, and foresight...then a carreer politician with tons of "experience"...

lets face facts. both candidates rep and dem, suck. We the people know it. I will probably vote McCain because he is the lesser of 2 weasels. McCain is a hero, no doubt, but his political history is scary. Barry the KING(hussein) Obama has the "hope and change" ideals which are as empty as bowl of air. So what do we do? hack and slash politics, let the blood flow, be it through surrogates or 527's. Let's see someone snap, play the McCain's BOMB IRAN song.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemeenie View Post
    What was JFK's experience before he was elected? (1 term i think as Sen..)

What was Reagens? (screen actors guild...then gov'r)

I'm no Obama supporter...but I think we walk a fine line when using the "lack of exp." arguement in these discussions...

TBH I would rather have someone with no exp but great Ideals, and foresight...then a carreer politician with tons of "experience"...
    Ronald Reagan had a ton of experience, President of SAG, two term governor (eight years)of the the largest state in the Union. Couple that with a job as GE spokesman for the better part of the 1950's, and Reagan actually knew the American people a lot better than most politicians. He visited factories and civic clubs , he had long discourses with American workers in small groups on virtually every topic imaginable. He was probably the best trained candidate for the US presidency since Lincoln.