Thread: Wesley Clark did nothing wrong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Clark did not dump Hillary..When she conceded he supported the nominee.

Bush nor McCain got behind the new GI Bill. He even spoke of why he didn't. Bush did lie when he
    signed it though and gave McCain credit for it.
    It doesn't debunk anything.

Spin is spin.

The new bill was introduced into congress by bipartisian legislators.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=4652517&page=1
    Truth is right above at the link.

Big Bird wouldn’t hump Hillary.

Oh wait - you said dump. My Bad.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Super Moderator Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemeenie View Post
    What was JFK's experience before he was elected? (1 term i think as Sen..)

What was Reagens? (screen actors guild...then gov'r)

I'm no Obama supporter...but I think we walk a fine line when using the "lack of exp." arguement in these discussions...

TBH I would rather have someone with no exp but great Ideals, and foresight...then a carreer politician with tons of "experience"...

The Governorship of California is perhaps the closest thing you can get to being President of the U.S.

And JFK nearly got us into a nuclear war BECAUSE of his inexperience. JFK is only a "hero" because he got shot. The truth of the matter is that he went to Dallas that fateful day because the American people were figuring out how bad he was and he needed to increase his standing.

Quote Originally Posted by vetwife View Post
    Clark did not dump Hillary..When she conceded he supported the nominee.

Bush nor McCain got behind the new GI Bill. He even spoke of why he didn't. Bush did lie when he
    signed it though and gave McCain credit for it.
    It doesn't debunk anything.

Spin is spin.

The new bill was introduced into congress by bipartisian legislators.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=4652517&page=1
    Truth is right above at the link.
    Because I'm not sure how much of what I posted you actually read I'm posting some of it again.

"It would be easier politically for me to have joined Senator Webb in offering his legislation. More importantly, I feel just as he does, that we owe veterans the respect and generosity of a great nation because no matter how generously we show our gratitude it will never compensate them fully for all the sacrifices they have borne on our behalf.

"Senators Graham, Burr and I have offered legislation that would provide veterans with a substantial increase in educational benefits. The bill we have sponsored would increase monthly education benefits to $1500; eliminate the $1200 enrollment fee; and offer a $1000 annually for books and supplies. Importantly, we would allow veterans to transfer those benefits to their spouses or dependent children or use a part of them to pay down existing student loans. We also increase benefits to the Guard and Reserve, and even more generously to those who serve in the Selected Reserve."

"The most important difference between our two approaches is that Senator Webb offers veterans who served one enlistment the same benefits as those offered veterans who have re-enlisted several times. Our bill has a sliding scale that offers generous benefits to all veterans, but increases those benefits according to the veteran's length of service. I think it is important to do that because, otherwise, we will encourage more people to leave the military after they have completed one enlistment. At a time when the United States military is fighting in two wars, and as we finally are beginning the long overdue and very urgent necessity of increasing the size of the Army and Marine Corps, one study estimates that Senator Webb's bill will reduce retention rates by 16%.
    What are your feelings on the view that McCain doesn't feel that veterans who serve one enlistment should receive the same benefits as veterans who re-enlist? I'm sure some take his sliding scale as a bribe to keep people in the military but frankly he is being realistic.

It pisses me off when democrats try to act like McCain of all people does not care about veterans. Obama is an ass.