1. #1 Columbine Plus 10 or I'm a bedwetter 
    This disgusting piece in the NYTimes op-ed page, I bet this clown peed himself while writing this! What a pansy.

Girly man

It is impossible to view last week’s killing of 13 people in Binghamton, N.Y., in isolation. It will soon be the 10th anniversary of the massacre at Columbine High School and the second anniversary of the mass shootings at Virginia Tech. In the last month, multiple shootings have claimed the lives of more than 50 Americans.

In this historical context, Binghamton is yet another reminder of America’s terrible gun problem and a summons to lawmakers to insist on common-sense gun laws. Yet Congress responds with a collective shrug.

There was a moment, after Columbine, when the nation engaged in a promising conversation about gun violence, and it briefly seemed as though Congress might rise above the extremists at the National Rifle Association.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    This disgusting piece in the NYTimes op-ed page, I bet this clown peed himself while writing this! What a pansy.

Girly man
    This stuff makes me want to vomit. VT was a Gun free Zone for cryin' out loud! So was the Lubby's in Texas 20 years ago.
    Everytime I read something like this that gets me this hot it makes me want to pledge to buy a new gun before he get's the wild hair to start legislation on gun control. I think this week I'll get the little Sig 232 I've been eyeing. I need a new CC anyway.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Ugh. Manipulative B.S..
    The issue is NOT the need for more gun control. Consider that: a) Harris and Klebold were minors, so they shouldn't have had access to those guns anyway, b) the Virginia Tech shooter shouldn't have had his gun, either, since there is a ban on owning firearms on campus. They were already willing to knowingly ignore laws in order to carry out their rampages.
    As for what could have been done and who's really to blame, I don't know about the Binghamton massacre since very little information has been released on the killer, but certainly the Columbine and Virginia Tech massacres both could have been prevented by parents doing more to guide their children and by teachers/ counselors taking more drastic action to reach out to clearly at- risk students. In both cases, pretty much everyone who knew the killers prior to the massacres knew they were mentally unbalanced and potentially dangerous, yet did nothing. I mean, the Trenchcoat Mafia's Nazi- esque views and violent clashes in the past with Columbine's jocks were well- known (i.e. The two groups once planned a prearranged fight, and the Trenchcoat Mafia showed up at the wrong place, carrying swords and brass knuckles), yet the teachers and administration did nothing to curb them. It's believed that Eric Harris' mother SAW HIM MAKING PIPE BOMBS IN THEIR BASEMENT, and did nothing! Everyone who knew the Virginia Tech shooter, and read his poetry and writing assignments, knew that he was deeply disturbed and had violent tendencies, yet they, too, did nothing to get him proper psychiatric care or anything. It's those parents, teachers, counselors, classmates, friends, etc., who saw the warning signs and did nothing, who have the victims' blood on their hands.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    Last edited by movie buff; 04-09-2009 at 03:07 PM.

These anti-gun types will never be moved by things like logic, empirical evidence or common sense. The FBI statistics show that while gun ownership has increased by tens of millions over the past 30 years, the current murder rate is the lowest it's been since the 1960's. If "guns kill people", how come the entire country doesn't look like Dodge City by now?
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    Ugh. Manipulative B.S..
    The issue is NOT the need for more gun control. Consider that: a) Harris and Klebold were minors, so they shouldn't have had access to those guns anyway, b) the Virginia Tech shooter shouldn't have had his gun, either, since there is a ban on owning firearms on campus. They were already willing to knowingly ignore laws in order to carry out their rampages..

Exactly. I'm not the biggest fan of guns, but passing more laws that don't work doesn't seem to be a terribly helpful solution.

Sonnabend
    In this historical context, Binghamton is yet another reminder of America’s terrible gun problem and a summons to lawmakers to insist on common-sense gun laws.
    Speaking as a national whose government kowtowed to the anti gun lobby, I defy them to explain just why it is that despite MASSIVE gun laws and restrictions, there are shootings here every single day.

Gang gun battles in shopping malls. Drive by shootings. Gang ram raids. Armed robberies. Carjackings. Home invasions.

All at gunpoint.

My usual return fire is this:

Go ahead, ban guns. The following day, when you pick up the local paper and read of yet another shooting...what will you say then? Pass MORE laws?

Every single mass shooting has been in a gun free zone. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

A fact the anti gun nuts ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Speaking as a national whose government kowtowed to the anti gun lobby, I defy them to explain just why it is that despite MASSIVE gun laws and restrictions, there are shootings here every single day.

Gang gun battles in shopping malls. Drive by shootings. Gang ram raids. Armed robberies. Carjackings. Home invasions.

All at gunpoint.

My usual return fire is this:

Go ahead, ban guns. The following day, when you pick up the local paper and read of yet another shooting...what will you say then? Pass MORE laws?

Every single mass shooting has been in a gun free zone. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

A fact the anti gun nuts ignore.
    I can't imagine what it's like to live down under where the anti-gun idiots have basically left the Aussie citizens defenseless against violent criminals. If America ever tries to pull this garbage and ban all guns I think that's the point where the gloves come off and law abiding citizens have the right to fight back.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke