1. #1 Canuck Lefties Smear Opponent. Well, Maybe Not So Much Now. 
    Tempest in a C cup?
    Liberal leader apologizes to NDPís Zann for partyís release of topless photo

By AMY SMITH Provincial Reporter
    Fri. Apr 10 - 10:58 AM

Actor and NDP candidate Lenore Zann says she looks forward to receiving Liberal Leader Stephen McNeilís apology when they meet in the House.

NDP candidate Lenore Zann says she was disappointed but not surprised to learn a Liberal campaign worker leaked a nude photo of her to the media.

The photo of a topless Ms. Zann, an actor, was from an episode of the lesbian drama The L-Word she filmed in Vancouver in 2007.

"Everybody warned me before that politics is dirty, that if they canít find something on you, they will make something up, that smear campaigns are quite the norm, which I think is really, really a shame for our democracy," she said in a phone interview from New York on Thursday.

She was there auditioning for an episode of Law & Order.

Ms. Zann, who will be officially nominated Tuesday as the NDP candidate in Truro-Bible Hill, said Liberal Leader Stephen McNeil phoned Thursday to apologize. She accepted.

"He said he was extremely sorry about what had happened and he said he would like to meet with me in person sometime and offer me an apology. So, I said, when I am elected as an MLA and I am in the legislature, we can have that conversation," she said, chuckling.

Ms. Zann, who grew up in Truro, is concerned this kind of incident will discourage others, particularly women, from running for public office.

Meanwhile, the Liberal leader tried to distance himself from the controversy, saying the actions of the Liberal organizer, whom he refused to identify, were unauthorized and unacceptable. However, he said, that person will not be let go because people make mistakes and deserve second chances.

The Liberal leader said he held a campaign meeting at 7:30 a.m. Thursday to make it clear the partyís campaign was to be positive.

"They all understand that the behaviour of yesterday will not be tolerated by me as leader of this party and it does not reflect who I am as a person and the values that I brought to public life or to those of . . . the community of Annapolis County," he told reporters at the Liberal caucus office in Halifax.

His comments and tone differed from a statement released Wednesday evening to CBC television from Liberal spokeswoman Glennie Langille, who said the image of Ms. Zann was a "part of the public record."
    While I was clinging to my guns and my religion, I had a thought: aren't liberals in favor of naked women and lesbians?

Tempest In A C Cup

Bumping for nekkid lesbo action.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    While I was clinging to my guns and my religion, I had a thought: aren't liberals in favor of naked women and lesbians?

Tempest In A C Cup
    Especially when they can use pictures of naked women and lesbians against opponents in political campaigns.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis