Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sonnabend
    It was a friggin joke.

Since you never served in the military you don't get it.
    I get it fine.

Go back to being the male nurse thing or whatever it is that you do and leave the joking about the military to those who do get it.
    Wrong by about twenty years.

I get it gator. Every point is true: Our nation used to lead the world because men had balls and used them.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    I get it gator. Every point is true: Our nation used to lead the world because men had balls and used them.
    Not quite.

The message is that we are more concerned with being politically correct than we are in getting the job done, which is Liberal poisoning. However, most of it was just general GI bitiching.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Not quite.

The message is that we are more concerned with being politically correct than we are in getting the job done, which is Liberal poisoning. However, most of it was just general GI bitiching.

Not having that experience - I can only take your word for it. On the subject of liberalism - I can only say, for the most part, you're dead on.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    My point is that rape has been used on both sexes as a form of interrogation/torture in wars.Frequently.

http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/VA-news/VA...2/11220618.htm

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/news....aspx?id=29276

http://userpages.aug.com/captbarb/pilots.html

There have to be others like her out there, Gator..many women who can serve and fight.

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123009983

Women B1 bomber pilots as well. They've proven their mettle..if they meet the cut, when why not? Same standards for all..if they make the grade, then why not?
    You forgot to mention this little fact :
    "Kara Spears Hultgreen Lieutenant, United States Navy 'A Naval Aviator, she was the first female fighter pilot killed after the Department of Defense Risk Rule was rescinded. She was killed while making a landing on an aircraft carrier off the coast of California. She is buried in Section 60 of Arlington National Cemetery......R.I.P Kara !

My point is that rape has been used on both sexes as a form of interrogation/torture in wars.Frequently.

http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/VA-news/VA...2/11220618.htm

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/news....aspx?id=29276

http://userpages.aug.com/captbarb/pilots.html

There have to be others like her out there, Gator..many women who can serve and fight.

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123009983

Women B1 bomber pilots as well. They've proven their mettle..if they meet the cut, when why not? Same standards for all..if they make the grade, then why not?

Oceana Naval Air Station in Virginia Beach uses simulated carrier flight decks on blacktop for touch and go landings and not the real thing,It's more like an Air Force landing than a Navy landing .

How many female Navy fighter pilots are flying on carriers these days do you think ?

The Air Force has a number of female pilots some on B-52's as I recall.Flying those big hunkers and landing on miles of blacktop with drogue chutes is for amateurs .

Those critters would have nervous breakdown landing on a bobbing postage stamp sized flight deck at night durring a tropical rainstorm.

The Navy weeds out most shakey pilots during flight training before they ever see a carrier .The real reason those female pilots were allowed on board was because of political pressure to allow them into the system.

The Risk Rule was rescinded in 1994 by then Clinton Secretary of Defense Les Aspin and as a result more unqualified people died because of P.C. bullshit !

..............It figures Clinton again .

Sonnabend
    You forgot to mention this little fact :
    No, I didn't

Read my post again. That first quote is concerning her death, by an officer involved.

And Megimoo, they don't have to fly off carriers. I mentioned an A10 combat pilot and a B1 pilot, both women.

No, I didn't

Read my post again. That first quote is concerning her death, by an officer involved.

And Megimoo, they don't have to fly off carriers. I mentioned an A10 combat pilot and a B1 pilot, both women.
    Sorry I didn't 'chase' the link.At any rate flying supersonic fighter aircraft requires constant attention to the envoroment and details or you die.

Most Navy pilots are in their very early twentys and at the peak of their reflexes and vision,and most Navy fighter pilots have at least 20/10 vision

A-10's are very slow and well armored tank killers and ground attack aircraft .B1's are BUFF's and stay high and well above most conflicts.

Few men and damn few females are able to fly supersonic for any length of time without failing to stay ahead of their aircraft and running into trouble, add the combat enviroment and fewer still are up to it.

Again flying from blacktop runways is just for openers.If they want to play fighter pilot with the real pilots they need to learn to fly from flattops.Naturl fighter pilots like Chuck Yaeger and Randy Cunningham,now in jail,but thats another story .

Sonnabend
    I agree, which is why i said that the standards should not change. If they meet or exceed those standards...then why exclude them from combat because of their sex.

They will have proven their worth on merit alone.

I agree, which is why i said that the standards should not change. If they meet or exceed those standards...then why exclude them from combat because of their sex.

They will have proven their worth on merit alone.
    It's not their sex, per se, it in the nature of woman to react differently to combat situations.Their brains are 'wired' in a different way then mens and they respond in a different way to combat stress .

For example there is a delay in their 'fllight' instincts that will slow their getting out of there quick in a very dangerous battle situation and the reflexes needed to avoid a missile shot going by at several times the speed of sound.

It's not just woman but a lot of normal young men are unable to cope with decision making at supersonic speeds .