1. #1 Woman Wins Legal Bid to Collect Dead Fiancé's Sperm 
    Not as bad as the woman doing the same to get her dead son's sperm...but still... :eek:

US woman gets dead fiance's sperm
    BBC News

A New York woman has won a race-against-the-clock legal bid to harvest her dead fiance's sperm.
    Gisela Marrero told a Bronx court her partner had spoken about having another child with her only the day before his death from a suspected heart attack.
    She had only 36 hours to collect 31-year-old Johnny Quintana's semen before it would have become unusable.
    As the couple were unmarried she needed a court order, which was granted just four hours before the deadline.
    After the Bronx State Supreme Court approved her request, sperm bank employees raced to a local medical centre, where the body of the dead mechanic, who died on Thursday, was stored.
    'Last wish'
    Ms Marrero, who has a two-year-old son by Mr Quintana, said: "The day before he passed away, we talked about planning for our future, buying an apartment and having another child," reported the New York Daily News.
    "This was his wish. It's the last thing I can do for him."
    There were emotional scenes in the court as Ms Marrero and her dead fiance's family celebrated Friday afternoon's decision.
    Earlier this month, a mother in Texas won a legal bid to have her dead son's sperm harvested after he died in a fight outside a bar, so she could have the option of carrying out his wish to have children.
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by AHeneen View Post
    Not as bad as the woman doing the same to get her dead son's sperm...but still... :eek:

US woman gets dead fiance's sperm
    BBC News

A New York woman has won a race-against-the-clock legal bid to harvest her dead fiance's sperm.
    Gisela Marrero told a Bronx court her partner had spoken about having another child with her only the day before his death from a suspected heart attack.
    She had only 36 hours to collect 31-year-old Johnny Quintana's semen before it would have become unusable.
    As the couple were unmarried she needed a court order, which was granted just four hours before the deadline.
    After the Bronx State Supreme Court approved her request, sperm bank employees raced to a local medical centre, where the body of the dead mechanic, who died on Thursday, was stored.
    'Last wish'
    Ms Marrero, who has a two-year-old son by Mr Quintana, said: "The day before he passed away, we talked about planning for our future, buying an apartment and having another child," reported the New York Daily News.
    "This was his wish. It's the last thing I can do for him."
    There were emotional scenes in the court as Ms Marrero and her dead fiance's family celebrated Friday afternoon's decision.
    Earlier this month, a mother in Texas won a legal bid to have her dead son's sperm harvested after he died in a fight outside a bar, so she could have the option of carrying out his wish to have children.
    She seems to be seeking the creation of a whole zombie race to do her evil bidding for her.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I would be more understanding if the couple had been married, and they had had no children. She's got one kid by him, though, how many does she need? It's not like dad's going to be around to support him and she actually still has a choice at this point not to conceive.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I would be more understanding if the couple had been married, and they had had no children. She's got one kid by him, though, how many does she need? It's not like dad's going to be around to support him and she actually still has a choice at this point not to conceive.
    Depending on how much money they had, it may be a money grab from the estate based on how man children he has. I don't know if the courts in that area distinguish between heirs conceived posthumously.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis