1. #1 "We Need to Get the Hot Tar And Feathers Ready For Use Any Day Now !" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Cities, states turn to fees to fill budget gaps (streetlight user fee of $4.25/mo )

..Washington’s mayor, Adrian M. Fenty, has proposed a “streetlight user fee” of $4.25 a month, to be added to electric bills, that would cover the cost of operating and maintaining the city’s streetlights. New York City recently expanded its anti-idling law to include anyone parked near a school who leaves the engine running for more than a minute. Doing that will cost you $100...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30162245/

A guy at the pool was telling me on Saturday morning about his car theft experience in Detroit. He accidentally left his keys in the car, and it was stolen. After he paid the usual $300 in towing and storage fees once the car was recovered (and it was recovered quickly, he said, the same day), he was given a $900 ticket for being a nusiance by leaving his keys in his car! The stolen car report was made to a local police department but the car was recovered by the county sheriff's office, who issued the ticket.

If that's not an example of creating revenue, I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    A guy at the pool was telling me on Saturday morning about his car theft experience in Detroit. He accidentally left his keys in the car, and it was stolen. After he paid the usual $300 in towing and storage fees once the car was recovered (and it was recovered quickly, he said, the same day), he was given a $900 ticket for being a nusiance by leaving his keys in his car! The stolen car report was made to a local police department but the car was recovered by the county sheriff's office, who issued the ticket.

If that's not an example of creating revenue, I don't know what is.
    hey, not everyone is eligible for money from the government. They gotta do something, amirite?