Thread: Pancake Tuesday

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Pancake Tuesday 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    That's what I had for breakfast anyway. :D

Leftovers from Sunday heated in the microwave with lots of butter and
    good old fashion fake Lite maple syrup from Schnucks! Yum!

TOTD: I saw a story this morning about a lake in ChiCom China that;s turned green
    with algae. They are mobilizing thousands of little chicoms to clean it up before
    the games start. Would you go to see the Olympics in China if ya could?

I''d pass.

Power CUer
    TOTD: I wouldn't go to the Olympics if they were across the street from my house. I never even watch them on TV. I gather they have something to do with sports, which means I have zero interest.

TOTD--I'd like to go to the Olympics someday, but not the summer ones. I'd definitely NOT want to go to the China events.

TOTD: Um, no. I like Sports, especially football...and Shannon is kind of an Olympics junkie so I am sure we'll be watching some of it on TV.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Things are mostly stood down here in Wisconsin as far as the flooding is concerned. Most everything that is going on involves long term recovery and aid at this point so we are back to dealing with local fires and small stuff and trying to inventory the remnants of 2 semi loads of emergency supplies to get it returned back to the national pool so it can be used elsewhere. This is an amazing state. Our shelter populations where we set them up were absolutely minimal. Folks here were superb about bootstrapping themselves and self resourcing. We had to argue with a few folks to even let us provide them short term relief.

They even told me to stay home today and take some time off with the kiddies! :)

So of course my phone rang at 7 am. Pretty much on the nose. :p

TOTD

I might, might , go back and visit Japan someday. It was nice. The rest of Asia was kind of a 3rd world hell with a 2nd world veneer covering it. Korea was sheer misery for two years, even if there were some highlights.

No urge and no intentions of EVER going back to that region. If I want to get fleeced and treated badly by rude locals in a crowded and poluted enviroment I can always go back to LA.

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    I made an Indian dessert last night which is basically a milk dough ball deep fat fried then covered with a simple syrup spiced sauce...I am thinking this might be a good breakfast warmed up...am also thinking if I take a hit of a sugar bomb like that, I might as well call into work now..decisions..decisions...

Olympics? Heck no...but sweetie knows all the major competitors in every single freaking sport in the world, (except NASCAR thank goodness) so I imagine I will be getting lots of exposure to the Olympics...
    I would go to China just see it..
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Patent Member
    Nothing exciting around here. Flooding is done except for the cleanup and the weather is turning hot and muggy.

TOTD: Nope, I don't care to visit a country where people are imprisoned for Christian or Democratic views.

Plus, if I had $10,000 to spend on flying to China, I would spend it on something more lasting.

My experimental fake stone pot and clematis look very nice. My inner Martha Stewart is well pleased.

TOTD: I didn't bother to go to the Olympics when it was Utah (although I did knit the official sweater). I follow the gun sports, archery, and that's about it. I don't care enough to watch it live.

Now that men can compete in women's sports if they play around with hormones for a couple of years, I have absolutely no interest. I have no interest in going to China, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    My experimental fake stone pot and clematis look very nice. My inner Martha Stewart is well pleased.

TOTD: I didn't bother to go to the Olympics when it was Utah (although I did knit the official sweater). I follow the gun sports, archery, and that's about it. I don't care enough to watch it live.

Now that men can compete in women's sports if they play around with hormones for a couple of years, I have absolutely no interest. I have no interest in going to China, either.
    Don't they make a prescription cream for that?

:D

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    That's what I had for breakfast anyway. :D

Leftovers from Sunday heated in the microwave with lots of butter and
    good old fashion fake Lite maple syrup from Schnucks! Yum!

TOTD: I saw a story this morning about a lake in ChiCom China that;s turned green
    with algae. They are mobilizing thousands of little chicoms to clean it up before
    the games start. Would you go to see the Olympics in China if ya could?

I''d pass.
    TOTD: I would love to go to see the Olympics someday in person, but not in China. I'm one of those people who will probably be glued to the TV screen for 3 weeks in August. I will watch almost every sport there is. This year, with my new interest in running, I'm especially excited to watch the track and field events.