Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 "Obama's Ass_Wipe Wesley Clark Insults a Silver Star awarded American Hero!" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    MCCAIN CRITICISMS GO TOO FAR

"Clark's Slimy little Anti-American stab in the back of a real American war hero is beyond lowClass.
    Clark has been kissing any Liberal Butt in Washington just to get a Big Job in Government
    even to insulting his Military betters!"

Wesley Clark isn’t worthy to wipe up the blood in John McCain’s cell. And yet this ambitious little Obama lackey has so whored himself to a shot at the vice presidency that he’s willing to mock another warrior’s service.

And not just any warrior.

But a genuine, bona fide Silver Star awarded American war hero

You may not want to vote for John McCain, but you can’t disrespect him.

At least not his military service. That’s beyond the pale. That’s not what honorable or decent people do.

You don’t mock the shedding of a man’s blood. You don’t ridicule his torture at the hands of a savage enemy. You don’t diminish his service in uniform.
    It simply is not done.

And yet this Barack Obama surrogate, on one of the Sunday talk shows, did exactly that.

And those sort of things don’t happen by accident. The Obama campaign is one of the best-run and most-disciplined presidential runs in memory. It doesn’t make false steps and it doesn’t do anything without thinking it through and measuring it for effect and benefit.
    So this wasn’t an accident

torture at the hands...

http://www.boblonsberry.com/writings.cfm?go=4
    Last edited by megimoo; 07-01-2008 at 12:57 PM.

"Obama Cries "They will Attack Me On My Race not the Issues !"

"But Clark’s comments marked the seventh time that an Obama surrogate has slammed McCain’s military record. Not McCain’s positions on Iraq or foreign policy, but his actual service !

McCain Besieged By Slander (Dems Attack Mac's Military Service)

Sen. Barack Obama gave a speech about patriotism yesterday entitled “The America We Love.” After listening to the rhetoric coming from his campaign, I assume the big question at Obama HQ was “Who you calling ‘we?’ ” Just hours before Obama’s pledge to “never question the patriotism of others in this campaign,” Gen. Wesley Clark was on CBS, demeaning Sen. John McCain’s military service. Claiming that McCain is “untested and untried” in foreign policy, Clark - the Grady Little of modern U.S. warfare - said, “I don’t think riding in a fighter plane and getting shot down is a qualification...snip
    Obama has since thrown Clark beneath the now well-worn wheels of his campaign bus. But as Rich Geraghty at National Review noted, Clark’s comments marked the seventh time that an Obama surrogate has slammed McCain’s military record. Not McCain’s positions on Iraq or foreign policy, but his actual service.

Among the highlights:

Sen. Tom Harkin last month saying that a president with McCain’s military background and worldview “can be pretty dangerous.”

Former Sen. George McGovern (aka “Obama 1.0”) in April: “John, you were shot down early in the war and spent most of the time in prison. I flew 35 combat missions with a 10-man crew and brought them home safely every time.”

Sen. Jay Rockefeller: “McCain was a fighter pilot, who dropped laser-guided missiles from 35,000 feet. He was long gone when they hit. What happened when (the missiles) get to the ground? He doesn’t know. You have to care about the lives of people. McCain never gets into those issues.”

In fact, Politico.com and others have reported a concerted effort on the left to demean McCain’s service as a Navy pilot as either incompetent or criminal.

“From day one in the Navy, McCain screwed up again and again,” Jeffrey Klein wrote at the Huffington Post, echoing the “What did he do beside get shot down?” memo.

Some members of the Left suggest that McCain’s bombing of “civilian targets” in North Vietnam makes him a war criminal. Then there’s Medea Benjamin, co-founder of the liberal activist group Code Pink:

“I wouldn’t characterize anybody who fought in Vietnam as a war hero.”

Hardly surprising from a group that is currently trying to shut down Marine recruiting offices and calls representatives of the U.S. military the “enemy.”

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/op...&position=also
    http://news.bostonherald.com/news/op...&position=also

noonwitch
    It is fair to say that military experience alone does not prepare one for the presidency-but who expects politicians to keep their comments simple and to the point?

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It is fair to say that military experience alone does not prepare one for the presidency-but who expects politicians to keep their comments simple and to the point?
    I wuv you noonwitch.

The big Cheese
    clark is a bravo foxtrot kind or buddy.....
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Here are snippets of Weasely Clark's speeches when he ran for president. I scanned through them looking for references he made to his own military service. Seems then he considered his military experience highly revelent and one of his most important qualifications. All the quotes come from his own website: http://www.clark04.com/speeches/042/

Senator Kerry, it is with great pride that I stand here and say, "The Army's come on board."
    Both John (Kerry) and I served in Vietnam - and know what it is to be tested on the battlefield, fighting for your country.
    I'd like to begin this afternoon by thanking all the foot soldiers in this battle: our terrific staff, our dedicated volunteers, our thousands of loyal supporters. And most of all, those who believed in me long before anyone even knew who I was: the people who drafted me into this race. The thousands who joined together to enlist me to serve.

You have proven what a General can do when he has the greatest troops in the world. And I can't tell you enough how honored and humbled I am by your commitment, your spirit, and your sacrifice. Because of all of you, this has been a cause, as much as it's been a campaign.
    And as a general who spent thirty-four years fighting for my country, here is my pledge: I will do everything I can - everything - to make sure George W. Bush doesn't play politics with national security.

As you know, I have never run for office. I'm just a guy from the heartland, who never had much. I got into this race because I had devoted my life to protecting America's security and preserving our reputation around the world. And this campaign was a way of continuing that service.

In the end, I'm still a soldier, not a politician.
    That's why I'm running for president. I'm part of the solution, not part of the problem. I'm not just another insider. I spent my life in the military, acting and doing - not in the halls of Congress talking and debating.
    I'm part of the solution, not part of the problem. I spent my life in the military, acting and doing - not in the halls of Congress, talking and debating. I call it like I see it and let the chips fall where they may.

I haven't made my career in the halls of Congress, but on bases and battlefields.

I haven't just debated whether to send troops to battle, I've sent them. I haven't just debated whether to go to war, I led it.
    I should tell you up front, I am not a career politician. I haven't spent years holding hearings and cutting deals with high-priced special interests. Four months ago, when I decided to run, the Washington-types tried to warn me off. They told me to leave politics to the politicians - that I was an outsider, just a soldier from the South. Maybe it's because I've never been in politics, but I don't believe that America is run by politicians in Washington. I believe it's run by people like us, in places like this.

And if there's one thing I learned during my thirty-four years in the Army, it's that real leadership comes from acting and doing.
    We didn't have much more when I was in the Army. For more than half of my thirty-four years, I earned less than $50,000 a year.
    That's what we believed in the United States Army. For 34 years, I served with men and women from all backgrounds under one flag: the American flag.
    And I'm leading this campaign the same way I led in the Army.
    34 years ago, when I was a young army captain in Vietnam, I was taken down by enemy fire. I was shot four times - in my hand, my shoulder, and my leg.
    I've spent my life in executive positions - as a doer, not a debater.

I went to West Pont.

I led an infantry company in Vietnam.

I commanded an armored division, helped negotiate peace in Bosnia, and led the military forces of 19 nations in war and peace-keeping in the Balkans.

As a general, I was responsible for the lives of thousands of troops and their families - from fixing potholes on the base to providing schools and health care for their children.
    I've spent my life in executive positions - as a doer, not a debater. I went to West Point. I led an infantry company in Vietnam. I commanded an armored division, helped negotiate peace in Bosnia, and led the military forces of 19 nations in war and peacekeeping in the Balkans.

As a general, I was responsible for the lives of thousands of troops and their families - from fixing potholes on the base to providing schools and health care for their children.

As a retired general, I sat on boards, chaired a startup of a high tech company, and worked as an investment banker.
    A leader who has been on the front lines of battle and in the backrooms of diplomacy.
    I served in the United States Army for thirty-four years. I was on the ground in Vietnam ... head of the Southern Command in Latin America ... and Supreme Allied Commander in Kosovo, where I led the effort to save 1.5 million Kosovar Albanians from ethnic cleansing.
    That's what I brought to the Army during my thirty-four years of service, where I was responsible for the welfare and security of tens of thousands of men, women and children. Where I built coalitions and fought for peace.
    Because I spent 34 years in the United States military fighting for our freedoms, and I'm not going to stop now.

Because in my heart, I'm not a politician, I'm a soldier.
    These seventeen quotes come from the first eleven speeches at the link. Since I'm now sick and tired of reading his speeches, I'm going to guess he included at least two or three references to his military career in each speech. Therefore, I declare Wesley Clark a complete hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly View Post
    Here are snippets of Weasely Clark's speeches when he ran for president. I scanned through them looking for references he made to his own military service. Seems then he considered his military experience highly revelent and one of his most important qualifications. All the quotes come from his own website: http://www.clark04.com/speeches/042/

These seventeen quotes come from the first eleven speeches at the link. Since I'm now sick and tired of reading his speeches, I'm going to guess he included at least two or three references to his military career in each speech. Therefore, I declare Wesley Clark a complete hypocrite.
    Ipso Facto and also a pompous bag of dog poop !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    That is not what Gen. Clark said when he ran for Prez. is it? See post above. In other words, the SOB is a hypocrite.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    That is not what Gen. Clark said when he ran for Prez. is it? See post above. In other words, the SOB is a hypocrite.
    No, Clark led men, McCain did not, that is his point, even if he is an idiot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    No, Clark led men, McCain did not, that is his point, even if he is an idiot.
    Clark's point sucks; that is my point and if you do not think so you are a retard.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 07-02-2008 at 08:43 PM.