Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    I don't use Vista. It's XP Pro on both my machines. My wife runs Vista on her personal laptop and I'm not a fan. I would love to be able to access more than 4G of ram because of Photoshop. I do a little work with video and that screams for ram so I keep hoping.
    I have Windows 7 on one of my lap tops. As Nate pointed out, it is more of a Vista upgrade than a new release of the OS. I do like it and plan to upgrade all my laptops as soon at the official release comes out. It has some nifty features and has much better memory management abilities.

Vista 64 bit (which I use) supports up to 128 gigs of memory if you have the Enterprise or Ultimate version. The home premium version supports 16 gig.

Windows 7 64 bit will also support up to 128 gigs of memory as well as up to 64 logical processors. That should speed up your photoshop video work :D

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

My wife and daughter both run Vista on their laptops, and I do a dual boot with XP and Linux Mint on another, but run Ubuntu on my personal machine. XP is a great OS, but I got tired of the spy ware and virus maintenance software associated with Windows. When M$ learns how to prevent that crap from invading their sw, I might consider returning but until that time I'll use Linux.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Quote Originally Posted by tacitus View Post
    My wife and daughter both run Vista on their laptops, and I do a dual boot with XP and Linux Mint on another, but run Ubuntu on my personal machine. XP is a great OS, but I got tired of the spy ware and virus maintenance software associated with Windows. When M$ learns how to prevent that crap from invading their sw, I might consider returning but until that time I'll use Linux.
    The problem with perventing spyware and what not is due to the popularity or rather installation volumn of Windows OS'. If linx or Mac OS or Unix ran on as many home computers then they would be experiencing the same level of attacks as Microsoft OS' are.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis