1. #1 Michelle's Homemaker Side 
    Michelle's homemaker side

(excerpt)

In the interview, Obama talked about keeping fit, her wardrobe and other details of daily life. Some tidbits:

How she relaxes -- She takes her daughters to soccer, tennis, swimming and play dates. ''That tends to relax me,'' she said. ''I'm usually doing it with other moms who have been friends, and we gossip and catch up and watch the kids play.''

Her workout routine -- It's 90 minutes long, and she does it up to four times a week, depending on her travel schedule. It includes cardio, free weights, treadmill, stair-walking and other activities. ''Nobody's asked that,'' she teased. ''This is a scoop.''

What else she does when she's not campaigning -- "I sleep.''

Fashion tips -- ''Wear what you like,'' advised the 5-11 Obama, who was wearing a low-cut, gray-and-white dress with a gray sweater. On ''The View'' recently, she said she never wears pantyhose, but she'd like to clarify that: She wears them ''for special occasions or for cold weather.''

Date nights -- ''Barack and I don't have interesting lives, never did. We're basically family people. When we go on a date, it's either dinner or a movie because we can't stay awake for both,'' she said. Dates now include the Secret Service. ''They give us our space,'' she said.

Evelyn Simien, a political scientist at the University of Connecticut, said Obama is wise to stress her ''Suzy Homemaker side'' because ''it's the side that married women can relate to. She's got to be strategic.
    Well, I'm married and I don't relate to her.

Suntimes

Power CUer
    "When we go on a date, it's either dinner or a movie because we can't stay awake for both"

I can sure relate to THAT. :D

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    "When we go on a date, it's either dinner or a movie because we can't stay awake for both"

You were intended too !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post

Oh noes, we can not have another wannabee President that nods off in the Oval chair. Obama is disqualified. Since no mention of cooking, I assume it's burgers, fried chicken & pork chops ordered out.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 07-01-2008 at 11:15 AM.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Oh noes, we can not have another wannabee President that nods off in the Oval chair.
    It's probably only if he goes out to dinner or a movie. There are so many reasons not to support him that have substance, I can't be particularly worried about his sleep habits.

Patent Member
    Her Homemaker side? As opposed to her Racist Bitch side?

Eyelids
    I can assure you Michelle Obama is not the cookie-cutter soccer mom they are trying to paint her to be.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    I can assure you Michelle Obama is not the cookie-cutter soccer mom they are trying to paint her to be.
    I doubt she is, any more than Hillary was. What I don't understand is why that's an issue any more. We're still very "retro" in what we seem to expect a first lady to be. Cindy McCain has a profitable business to run, and doesn't seem to be very interested in being first lady, for example.