Thread: Saturday Song

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Saturday Song 
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Clear and warm here, which will give way to hot hot hot and later thunderstorms are in the forecast.

First Saturday in the new SKIN and I like it. The new CU look reminds me of a Klingon Bird of Prey: elegant design with badass capabilities. Thanks Rob and all involved for all the hard work.

Ever see the movie The Song Remains The Same? Led Zeppelin rulz in that one. I like concert movies or movies based on or around albums. The Wall comes to mind with Pink Floyd. The Last Waltz is another good one.

I believe a board is like that, like a band that plays together and makes something larger than the sum of its parts/members. Conviction. Credibility. Information. Humor. All are a part of making the song. A sense of style is involved. Also a sense of fun. It's fun to see a band where you can just tell that the guys/gals enjoy playing together.

IMHO, Conservative Underground is tuning up and getting ready to tour. We got a badass ship and double necked guitars, and even a little spandex. We're gonna rock.

TOTD; I think a person's life has a soundtrack. My own soundtrack has got a lot of bands, a lot of songs, and a lot of different styles of music in it. There really isn't one single band or song that is my 'theme' and I know the music has changed over the years as I have aged and experienced different things, I mean, I don't listen to Billy Idol as much now, but I still like the Ramones and the Beatles and the Stones. Led Zep I mentioned. Floyd. Dylan.

But let's call this the Saturday Jukebox. Music is good for the soul. What song or songs or band or bands are in the Soundtrack of your life? If you can post a link to the song, that would be cool too, but if not, just name it.

Say why you like the song or the band if you want to.

I always liked the epic "story" albums, Genesis- Lamb lies down on Broadway, Nektar- Rememberthe Future,
    The Who- Tommy, Foyd- the Wall.
    I like all music tho, and just last nite put in a disc from a band called Chi, kinda new wave from the 80's, a mix of lite jazz and fusion.

All time favorite - Pink Floyd- Dark side of the moon.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

I'm waiting for it to warm up slightly (and for my sunblock to sink in). It will be in the 80s and clear. It's time to launch my major frontal assault on the "naturalized" front bed now that the one Aspen tree has been removed.

TOTD: I have no soundtrack and I feel great about that. I like different types of music depending on mood, season, and activity. Today will I do my work to the shivery music that backs my radio mystery plays from the 40s and 50s. :)

Power CUer
    I also don't have a "soundtrack" per se, but I remember what was happening in my life when certain songs were popular. The week my husband and I were married, the #1 song in the country was Huey Lewis and the News' "Happy to be Stuck with You". :D

Beautiful sunny day here in central GA!

Sadly, I am at work.
    Happily, I am on OT pay! And the work that I *had* to do, is done! :D:D

TOTD: Soundtracks... I cannot think of a single one that marks my life. LOTS of favorite bands/artists, though! Pretty much anything from the '80s... I know... Oldies music!:D

Sorry, but I like it! You can sing along with it! And you can understand the words!!
    Social Order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain - Marquis de Sade

Absofreakinglutely gorgeous day here!

Gonna haul the whole crew out to see the new Indiana Jones flick later today and grab big damn restaurant food.

My sound track is a mixed tape by various artists.

If there was a general theme it might be the collected works of "They Might Be Giants".

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post
    I'm waiting for it to warm up slightly (and for my sunblock to sink in). It will be in the 80s and clear. It's time to launch my major frontal assault on the "naturalized" front bed now that the one Aspen tree has been removed.

TOTD: I have no soundtrack and I feel great about that. I like different types of music depending on mood, season, and activity. Today will I do my work to the shivery music that backs my radio mystery plays from the 40s and 50s. :)
    There's that song they play in The Omen. I mean, if you're lookin' :p

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    There's that song they play in The Omen. I mean, if you're lookin' :p
    Say! That was a catchy little tune, wasn't it? Hmmmmm...I may consider it. Sadly, those puny little knife-thingies simply amuse me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post
    Say! That was a catchy little tune, wasn't it? Hmmmmm...I may consider it. Sadly, those puny little knife-thingies simply amuse me.
    On the cover of the Hotel California album.

Looking out the window. That was...you...wasn't it...? :eek:
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Hmmm...hell...my life has been pretty/fairly normal, give or take a few things. But I'd like to say some Stones, The Doors, Duran Duran, Motley Crue, and toss in some good ol' Rob Zombie...and shake vigorously...there ya go!
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature