Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Idea re. teabag parties: Send IRS agents to every one of them! 
    Great idea-Let's send the IRS after the tea protesters!! What could be wrong with that?

link

SurfingScientist
    Idea re. teabag parties: Send IRS agents to every one of them! Updated at 1:25 AM

After all, the participants are very likely to:

a) make north of $250 K a year (why else would you protest?) and/or
    b) hate to pay taxes (and are likely to try every shady loophole to avoid paying up).

Just get each teabagger's name and give their tax forms a VERY thorough look.

Is there a better chance to:

- catch the nation's worst tax fraudsters,
    - generate revenue for the government,
    - reduce the stupid teabag thing's attendance to ZERO, because all the cowards will stay home, scared shitless?

And who knows, maybe we learn that certain right wing "journalists" are just as creative with their taxes as they are with their reporting?
    Arugula Latte Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    1. I also hope that the Secret Service/Homeland Security will be out in force, videotaping

Seriously, they need to record the face of everybody who attends these Loonypaloozas.
    Optical.Catalyst (533 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Apr-15-09 06:42 AM
    Response to Original message
    8. If people congregate in a group and advocate Income Tax Evasion

And then a few members of that group actually engage in Income Tax Evasion, then isn't everyone who participated guilty of conspiracy?

We could use the IRS to take out a whole slue of right wingers based on their stupid tax protests.
    quaker bill (1000+ posts)
    10. Just what will we become?

I get the point. Over the last 20 or 30 years, war tax resisters have been visited by the IRS, some have had their personal property seized, some have ended up in prison. Turnabout is fair play.

However, squashing a protest movement with the muscle of the federal government in this manner is wrong, even if the protest is lame. The IRS never acted to suppress war tax protest rallies, but they did visit pain upon those who were not paying their taxes, regardless of cause.

I would hope for the same here.

Wow. Legal expression of political dissent really scares some people.

Bring it. I pay a highly skilled tax accountant for just this purpose.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Bring it. I pay a highly skilled tax accountant for just this purpose.
    Yep, what you said. The money I sent him this year was well worth it.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Yep, what you said. The money I sent him this year was well worth it.
    I can just show them a copy of my 1040 EZ.:D

I don't make enough for a second look.:eek:
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

I see a tombstone in quaker bill's future.
    Of course, like any good ultra- liberal moron would, SurfingScientist puts forth the preposterous claim that the people at the Tea Parties will all be evil, rich executives who like exploiting the workers and trying to cheat out of paying taxes. That is especially funny considering how many people Obama has appointed to high positions who turned out to be tax cheats themselves.
    btw, what is up with the lefties calling them "Teabag parties" and "Teabaggers"? Is it because they're too stupid to realize the protests are a nod to a certain famous incident in American history, or just because the Left's constant obsession with sex causes them to try and insert it into everything?

After all, the participants are very likely to:

a) make north of $250 K a year (why else would you protest?) and/or
    b) hate to pay taxes (and are likely to try every shady loophole to avoid paying up).

Just get each teabagger's name and give their tax forms a VERY thorough look.

Is there a better chance to:

- catch the nation's worst tax fraudsters,
    - generate revenue for the government,
    Sounds like some of obama's nominees and many democraps in CONgress.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Some of the Moonbats just can't wait to play tyrant, can they.

Its seems some on the left believe only they have the right to free speech and anyone else is subject to government harassment and maybe even prison.

The dark storm is here.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

If the IRS followed the advice of the DU'er imagine one huge class action suit on abuse of civil rights by everyone of the following audit. To ask an entity to audit a person based solely on exercising their First Amendment rights isn't only beyond the pale, but is illegal. Imagine a video tape showing John Q. IRS agent asking more than one participant of any tea party for their identity and then an audit occurs? The IRS can't presume guilt, it has to have probable cause of tax evasion, not tax avoidance. Legal tax avoidance is what fuels CPA's and tax attorneys.

I can see attorneys walking behind the IRS agent handling out business cards, saying "You get audited, I'll file your case on a contingent basis".....Hey, trial lawyers may contribute to Dems, but they also love making money!!!!!!!!!

Like Gingersnap said, bring it on.:D
    Last edited by ReaganForRus; 04-15-2009 at 06:08 PM.

To sum it all up,the DUmmies are pissed and jealous because there protests were never this big and successful.
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land