Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 In the past I have been disgusted, disappointed and let down. Now I'm PISSED OFF 
    After Rush came out swinging on Anderson Cooper, its probably common knowledge what TEABAGGING means in a slang vernacular. If anyone doesn't know you can find it in the Urban Dictionary http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=teabagging.

After you understand what the term may reference, watch this report on MSNBC and let the juvenile part of your mind wander to the gutter. I counted at least 10. Some I wouldn't repeat in mixed company. :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i-OWDjOQfI

Notice the identifiers given at the bottom of the screen of the video. A clue: Just listen for emphasized words.
    Last edited by AlmostThere; 04-17-2009 at 08:46 AM.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

what faggot wrote this homoerotic news copy??? :mad:
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Stuff like that just makes msnbc look even more childish and idiotic. The people there were protesting the government, including Bush's spending.
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."
    -Ronald Reagan

Life is a story; if you stay on the same page forever you will never finish it.
    "There are days you are the pigeon and days you are the statue."

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
    Stuff like that just makes msnbc look even more childish and idiotic. The people there were protesting the government, including Bush's spending.
    I'm pretty certain that MSNBC is reaching out to the male 14-16 year old demographic.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I'm pretty certain that MSNBC is reaching out to the male 14-16 year old demographic.
    I have 2 teenagers and the 16 year old's I know would be offended by that characterization. I still can't believe they aired that on a so-called news-oriented program. It absolutely infuriates me.

If it came from a comedian, it would be funny. From the news, just pathetic.

On edit: Dick Armey's parents had to see this coming.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

I actually saw this on Wikipedia yesterday......

Some commentators have labeled the Tea Party protests the "teabag" or "teabagging" parties or protests in reference to the sexual practice. On April 14, MSNBC's David Shuster accused the protesters of "going nuts for it" and "whip[ping] out the festivities" while being "full-throated" and wanting to "give President Obama a strong tongue-lashing and lick government spending." He claimed that "the people who came up with it are a familiar circle of Republicans including former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and former House Majority Leader Dick Armey, both of whom have firm support from right wing financiers and lobbyists." and that "the Fox News Channel, including Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity, both are looking forward to an up close and personal taste of teabagging themselves." He concluded, saying that "If you are planning simultaneous teabagging all around the country, you're going to need a Dick Armey." [93] On April 15, MSNBC's Keith Olbermann described the protests as "After all the anticipation and buildup, the teabagging exploded all across America." and "this Dick Armey revolution only came out in dribs and drabs. At some spots outside the beltway, in crowds that numbered at least one dip, teabaggers hoping to get at least two dip, got some help from FOX News, sending its big guns all over the country." Of the protestors' claims, he said "these teabaggers claim high taxes have brought them to their knees."[94] CNN's Anderson Cooper said "It's hard to talk when you're tea-bagging."[95]

In response, national organizer FreedomWorks issued a flyer stating[96][97]

The term teabagging has strong sexual connotations. Beware of anyone with a camera asking you are a "teabagger" or enjoy "teabagging" or similar leading questions--they are trying to make a fool of you.

Fox News responded by calling the remarks "frat house humor" and accusing MSNBC's David Shuster of weaving "a tapestry of 'Animal House' humor."[98] Fox News further compared MSNBC's Rachel Maddow and Air America's Ana Marie Cox to Beavis and Butt-head.[99] Max Pappas, Public Policy Vice President of national organizer FreedomWorks, called the comments a "shame."[100] Jeff Poor, writing for conservative media watchdog NewsBusters, labeled the teabagging references as "dirty", "juvenile", and "low brow."
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
    MSNBC is incapable of dealing with principled dissent from either side, because they don't understand the issues, they are simply cheerleaders for the left. Thus, they cannot make reasoned arguments in support of their causes and they can't recognize them in opposition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    If it came from a comedian, it would be funny. From the news, just pathetic.
    On edit: Dick Armey's parents had to see this coming.
    In MSNBC mode: "hehheh... he said 'coming.'" :D
    Seriously, this kind of thing is inevitable in a culture where people get their news from the likes of John Stewart and Stephen Colbert. It's a reflection of the culture's inability to distinguish between fantasy and reality or, in this case, between news and entertainment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I actually saw this on Wikipedia yesterday......
    There was an SNL skit a few years back where Robert DeNiro played a homeland security spokesman who was reading off a list of suspected terrorist names sent in by high school and college kids. The gag was that the names were obviously pranks, with terrorists like I Bin Pharteen and Awana Fuquah, but at least it was a gag, and in order to pull it off, it had to be kids pranking the government, not the government pranking the press. This reads like that sketch, except that this time it's the allegedly grown-up members of the media acting like high school punks, and it drops whatever credibility MSNBC could have hoped to maintain to that level.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

you have to love how the beltway insiders are trying to co opt this grassroots movement and claim it was their idea - and of course the press are ready and willing to help with that meme since it helps to marginalize the movement.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    There was an SNL skit a few years back where Robert DeNiro played a homeland security spokesman who was reading off a list of suspected terrorist names sent in by high school and college kids.
    That bit by DeNiro was funny. I felt a little guilty laughing but it was funny.