1. #1 Du Idiotic Rebut Of Drill Now Push 
    This is a perfect example of how so called progressives know absolutly nothing about anything

"Here is a great response to the repuke talking points about drilling. shuts them up fast"

Now i admit i may know more about business and economics then the typical american having a masters and a phd in accounting and a masters in economics along with hoilding a cPA certificate. But this person has to be less educated on business and economics then the typical american for example

1)Did you ever think they might not want to spend the money to drill when they are already making record profits?

My response the oil company purchased this land and don't you think they would want to make a return on thier investments. Besides the fact if they are getting higher prices business would want to sell more if they could.

2)Did you ever think they might not want to increase supply (by finding more oil) which would lower their record profits?

HUH ????? business always wants to increase supply when prices are high....

3)Did you ever think that if they wanted to build more refineries (which would increase supply and lower their record profits) that Oilboy Bush or any politician would committ political suicide by standing in their way and becoming the FACE of $4 gas?

WOW this has got to be the dumbest thing about economics ever written

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3548985

God i wish they would let me post on DU...... it would be so much fun blowing the idiots on DU's minds with logic....

PLEASE SKINNER LET ME POST.... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by Cseeman View Post
    This is a perfect example of how so called progressives know absolutly nothing about anything

"Here is a great response to the repuke talking points about drilling. shuts them up fast"

Now i admit i may know more about business and economics then the typical american having a masters and a phd in accounting and a masters in economics along with hoilding a cPA certificate. But this person has to be less educated on business and economics then the typical american for example

1)Did you ever think they might not want to spend the money to drill when they are already making record profits?

My response the oil company purchased this land and don't you think they would want to make a return on thier investments. Besides the fact if they are getting higher prices business would want to sell more if they could.

2)Did you ever think they might not want to increase supply (by finding more oil) which would lower their record profits?

HUH ????? business always wants to increase supply when prices are high....

3)Did you ever think that if they wanted to build more refineries (which would increase supply and lower their record profits) that Oilboy Bush or any politician would committ political suicide by standing in their way and becoming the FACE of $4 gas?

WOW this has got to be the dumbest thing about economics ever written

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3548985
    You might say they get low marx when it comes to understanding economics.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

I actually visited the du yesterday, and of course their very premise is that they are Forced to an Underground. Perhaps their benefactors from abc, nbc cnn, msnbs, refuse to admit the leftist slant to which they all share. Then upon perusing the well formatted website, I realized I was in a dark and scary place where logic has been butchered by radical emotionally unbalanced puppets brainwashed to spew forth the talking points of unseen masters marching to the beat of Marxist thuds. Terrified, I quickly fled to the welcome arms of conservative thought, and warmly embraced common-sense and reality.

(1.) The land was never purchased, it is leased from the US government.
    (2.) A new refinery has not been built in the US since 1976, thanks to the EPA and the likes of Greenpeace using the court system to drive production costs up.
    (3.) An energy company is only as sound as the new reserves that can be developed for future use. That is why Oil companies have to continually look for new reserves. and
    (4.) the writer from DU should sue his matchbook university for his degree in economics, because he has no grasp of macroeconomics, much less microeconomics.
    Last edited by ReaganForRus; 07-01-2008 at 03:28 PM.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar

Except the Democrats ARE standing in the way of building refineries and drilling for oil AND THE MEDIA WON'T call them on it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cseeman View Post
    God i wish they would let me post on DU...... it would be so much fun blowing the idiots on DU's minds with logic....

PLEASE SKINNER LET ME POST.... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    Forget it, you're sane and rational ... that there is no room on DU for you.

Besides, they killed freedom of speech years ago on that site.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Here is a little insight for the DUmmies:

Although there are no new refineries being built from the ground up, many of the refineries around the country are upgrading their capacity.
    I work at a refinery in southeast Texas. Right now, we can run 300,000 barrels of crude oil per day. We started a major expansion project last year to double our refining capacity. If everything goes well, which it is, the new units will be up and running by 2010.
    Most of the refineries from Houston, TX, to Lake Charles, LA, are upgrading their capacity. So, in a way, new refineries are being built.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: DUmmies and economics are not good friends.