Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Produce nothing and become a slave to other county's economies. Reference England. Not everyone can work at Disneyland.

BTW - if you can't tell that I'm for drilling now, after giving the details of the wells pumping within my city limits at this very hour - then I give up.

At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Produce nothing and become a slave to other county's economies. Reference England. Not everyone can work at Disneyland.

BTW - if you can't tell that I'm for drilling now, after giving the details of the wells pumping within my city limits at this very hour - then I give up.

Never read that post. You're usually on the opposite side of every issue, couldn't remember about that one. If you were anti-drilling, then pointing out the rising fuel costs would be pretty funny.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Just getting geared up for a possible win by Obama. :D
    That is a horrifying thought. We will get change alright but it will be change for the worst. However, the media will downplay it and tell us what a wonderful job the magic negro is doing although taxes will be higher, unemployment will be up and we will be sliding into the malaise days before his term is over. However, it will be entirely Bush's fault. These jackass's are good at playing the blame game.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Never read that post. You're usually on the opposite side of every issue, couldn't remember about that one. If you were anti-drilling, then pointing out the rising fuel costs would be pretty funny.
    Huntington Beach Oil Production Figures for 2007:

Offshore: 1, 603,000 barrels

Onshore: 473,000 barrels

Total Barrels: 2, 076,000

;)
    Well - there you go.

And BTW, I'm on the side of each issue I see as logical and correct for my sense of value. Nothing more complicated than that. It's known as not defining yourself as a sheep.;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    So the cost of materials, tools and coolant has gone up 18% in the last six month for American companies but not for Jap and German auto makers building cars in the US. I wonder how these smart ass foreigners managed to do that. They sure are some sneaky devils. :eek:

You are the ignorant one because the cost of fuel and materials of all automakers in the US including foreign ones have to pay the increased (same) costs. The unions and management have boxed themselves in because of piss poor labor negotiations and retirement benefits in the past. If you dispute that , then you are the one that does know squat about the auto business. Let make it simple for you to understand; every AMERICAN car that comes off the assembly line has $2,000 of overhead cost built into the retail selling price of that vehicle due to retirement benefits and health care benefits for retirees. The Japs & Germans DO NOT HAVE THESE COSTS.
    Okay - I'm ignorant? German health care is payed by who? Japanese health care is payed by who? Are you drunk?

Banned
    Okay - I'm ignorant? German health care is payed by who? Japanese health care is payed by who? Are you drunk?
    Read more carefully; what I said was that German cars made in the US (BMW's) do not have any retired employees and therefore do not have overhead costs of health care benefits for retirees. It's not the current labor costs and health care cost that is eating AMERICAN CARMAKERS alive. It's their outrageous retirement benefits (100% health care benefits for a 55 year old retired worker and his entire family at no cost to the retired employee). Foreign car makers located in this country DO NOT HAVE THIS COST BECAUSE NONE OF THEM HAVE RETIRED. This is NOT rocket science.

And when they do retire, have a problem, get their savings sucked up by medical expenses - who will pick up the costs then? Just because the costs get dissipated out into society doesn't mean the expense disappears.

Take the EU's aircraft industry as an example.

Do you actually believe AirBus is competitive because they build a better product that Boeing? If you do then you're a fool. Without their government and the tax collections enforced therein, upon their populace, not a single aircraft would make it to market. Five nations support the manufacture of those jets and the various factories would cease to function without their respective governments to prop them up.

There is no free lunch. Reference illegal aliens for an education on that subject.

dEATH TO bAD lAGERS

lP JUST AS LOST AS A CD

Look , Thers A Dum Asz
    [/b]