Thread: Ford U.S. sales plunge 28 percent

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    LETS GIVE LOGANS PAPA A BREAK . THEN , A WAVE OF govt. WE LEFT THE DICT. FOR A kING

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    And when they do retire, have a problem, get their savings sucked up by medical expenses - who will pick up the costs then? Just because the costs get dissipated out into society doesn't mean the expense disappears.

Tell me oh wise one, what other private company picks up 100% of your medical premiums at age 50 or 55 years of age. None that I know of except the union auto workers. If you retire 15 years before you are entitled to Medicare you better have some damn good insurance or be an auto worker. Otherwise, you are in deep shit if your health goes south and you do not have a great deal of money stashed away in savings.

I retired from the state of LA and have to pay insurance prem. for my health care. What the fuck is so special about auto workers that they have this entitlement of free health care at early retirement. If you do retire early, you better be able to buy good coverage or you need to keep your ass working till you can afford to do so. It's called responsibility for your own actions. I don't think society should be responsible for some one's poor decision to retire early; this is the same principal as buying a house you can not afford and then whining about foreclosure.

I'll ditto that. I'm a retired police officer, New Mexico. I pay insurance for myself and my wife, although the premiums are good compared to civilian rates, they still take a chunk of my retirement. I'm 3 yrs away from Medicare, then the rate for me will drop - don't know how much.

It's great insurance, covering health, presc, eye, dental, the works but, not being an auto worker, I have to pay it. I'll forego my opinion of unions and what they've done to this country, in particular the teacher's unions.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    I'll ditto that. I'm a retired police officer, New Mexico. I pay insurance for myself and my wife, although the premiums are good compared to civilian rates, they still take a chunk of my retirement. I'm 3 yrs away from Medicare, then the rate for me will drop - don't know how much.

It's great insurance, covering health, presc, eye, dental, the works but, not being an auto worker, I have to pay it. I'll forego my opinion of unions and what they've done to this country, in particular the teacher's unions.
    A private plan like yours would cost in the neighborhood of $1,000 a month or more. Medical care will be the biggest stumbling block to those that think they can retire at 50 or 55 years of age. I pay for medicare and a supplemental so that I will have very little out of pocket expense.

Retirement benefits and free medical care for auto workers will cause one or two of the American auto mfg. to either fold or merge into each-other.