Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Colorful Colorado: White 
    Here's a pic from Kenosha Pass, it's pretty representative the entire state:

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Here's a pic from Kenosha Pass, it's pretty representative the entire state:

Even the eastern flatlands???
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Not that bad here where I live, but it's getting there.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

My ISP just came back up. The Internet crashed, the satellite crashed (until I removed all the snow from the dish), the power has been iffy. Luckily, I have a fireplace and a water bed. :D

My ISP just came back up. The Internet crashed, the satellite crashed (until I removed all the snow from the dish), the power has been iffy. Luckily, I have a fireplace and a water bed. :D
    I guess that fireplace keeps the waterbed from icing over.:eek:

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I guess that fireplace keeps the waterbed from icing over.:eek:
    The water bed holds heat for a couple of days if the power goes out (it hasn't yet - completely). Water beds are much maligned but you can't beat them when the heat goes off. :D

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    The water bed holds heat for a couple of days if the power goes out (it hasn't yet - completely). Water beds are much maligned but you can't beat them when the heat goes off. :D
    Big thermal mass integrates short term thermal fluctuations ,Icelandic Magma works well also !

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Big thermal mass integrates short term thermal fluctuations ,Icelandic Magma works well also !
    I have actually thought about geothermal home heating systems. God help me. :D

My wife and I were looking out the back window and it is a winter wonderland out there. Just like a Thomas Kincade picture!
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Well, we're fine this morning. The power is still spotty but it's okay for the moment. I-70 is still shut down. I saw a squirrel fall off the roof so that was pretty cheerful. It's still snowing but it seems to be melting from underneath at about the same rate. :)