#1 Why are most (if not all) American Terrorists RIGHT WINGERS?
04-18-2009, 10:09 PM
- Join Date
- May 2008
Why are most (if not all) American Terrorists RIGHT WINGERS?
Timothy McVeigh...The Bath Disaster...All those shooters who went on rampages lately...the Tennessee Church Shooter...
I can think of only one home grown terrorist attack that could even be remotely tied to the left wing, and that was the Wall Street bombing at the turn of the century (done by an Anarchist - which to me seems more like extreme Rightwingnuttery than anything)
Hell, even the Symbianese Liberation Army was more hopped on crazy than ideology
So why are we tolerating this kind of hate ideology today?
maveric Donating Member (1000+ posts)
1. They are terrified of change.
Most seem to be deeply religious too.fuggbush21 (48 posts)
74. Just one?
Terrorism isn't confined to a single political ideology, in any sense of the imagination. Here's a report given to the Department of Energy in 2001 that goes pretty indepth in Left Wing Terrorism. It does give some comparisons to Right Wing Terrorism, but is mainly aimed at discussing the threats posed by radical leftists.
3. animal rights activists
Edited on Sat Apr-18-09 11:35 AM by Juche
I think it is a giant insult to put animal rights activists under the banner of terrorism because for the most part they only commit property damage (which is still illegal, but which isn't the same as targeting civilians).
One thing I do notice is that left wingers (ALF, weather underground) destroy property and try to spare human lives (The weather underground used to phone into buildings telling them to evacuate before the bomb went off) whereas right wingers like McVeigh or Al Qaeda intentionally target civilians. I have no idea why that is, and I do know WU and ALF have targeted people before, but I don't think they've targeted innocent civilians the way McVeigh and Al Qaeda did.
I would consider AL Qaeda a right wing terror organization since they are motivated by religious fundamentalism, xenophobia and a fear of social change.Buzz Clik
6. Bullshit. They are terrorists in every sense of the word.
As are the assholes who burn acres of hybrid poplars because they think that plant breeding and genetic modification are identical.
One thing that American terrorists have in common (both rightwing and leftwing) is rank stupidity.Taverner
8. OK - if they are "terrorists" how exactly are the inflicting "terror"?
The folks who's property they destroy aren't in fear - they have insurance.
No one is ever hurt or killed when they vandalize property.
Now I will agree, they are incredibly stupid. But let's not be like Dubya, and suck all the meaning out of the word "terrorist" so it means nothing.
7. "left wingers destroy property and try to spare human lives" Truly civilized terrorists,
Leftwing terrorism is generally more palatable than the random murders on the right.msongs
21. if I warn you I'mm gonna blow up your house, and DO IT when you leave, will YOU feel terrorized? or
will you look at the wreckage and say to everyone,
"gee that was fun I hope it happens to you and your kids because it's not really terrorism, it's just making a political point"?
spreading fear and destruction is terrorism no matter who does it.anonymous171
69. Correct. Left wing terrorism is generally directed at property or institutions.
Whereas RW terrorism is directed towards other people (minorities, feminists, gubment agents, etc.)Juche
61. FTR, I love that we can have intelligent discussions on these issues here
I remember reading a blurb once where a journalist said 'you do not see the kinds of in depth discussion of the issues on right wing blogs that you see on left wing blogs'. You probably aren't going to see an intelligent and serious discussion like this on stormfront or freerepublic. Yay usInitech
71. Right wing has lots of guns, and lots of mouthpieces on AM Radio.
Mouthpieces = Limpballs, Hannity, O'Reilly, and so on.
Hate + ammo = terrorism. Simple enough equation.
Not a single person refutes this though earlier in the thread some don't agree that all "domestic terrorism" is "right wing".
Last edited by Carol; 04-18-2009 at 10:11 PM.
04-19-2009, 12:38 AM
ELF and ALF anyone? WETHER UNDERGROUND anyone? BLACK PANTHERS anyone? PETA anyone?Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
04-19-2009, 01:08 AM
A little off topic. I noticed that in the rules on DU they say you will be banned if you are a conservative.Does CU ban liberals only for being liberal?
04-19-2009, 01:16 AM
- Join Date
- May 2008
For those idiot DUmmies who insist that we stick to only defining those who actually harm people as "Terrorists," how's about these examples?
1. The Unabomber. An ultra- liberal ecoterrorist, his bombings tended to target people connected in various ways to corporations that Earth First (Spit) put on their "Eco- F^^ker hit list," including at least one innocent man whose company they had wrongly accused of committing crimes against the environment.
2. On the subject of ecoterrorism, the liberal ecoterrorist tactic of tree- spiking (Nailing thick spikes into the trunks of trees slated to be cut down, so when the saw blades hit the spikes, they shatter apart, sending shrapnel flying everywhere) has resulted in at least three documented deaths, and countless injuries. After one worker had his jaw shattered by a chunk of tree- spiking shrapnel, the local ecoterrorist group issued a statement which basically said, "Yeah, well, the REAL criminals are the people who cut down trees, maaaaan!"
3. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, aka the Trenchcoat Mafia. A group of antisocial sociopaths who hated Christians and jocks. The perfect epitome of a liberal.
4. The Virginia Tech shooter. Similar to the previous example, an angry, antisocial nutjob driven to revenge against those who he saw as oppressors.
5. The DC Sniper. A fanatical member of the Nation of Islam (Not exactly a conservative organization) that targeted public institutions, and during the brief moment of his trial when he made the incredibly dim- witted decision to represent himself, relied on the old favorite liberal tactic of playing the race card while cross- examining a witness who saw him at one of the crime scenes acting suspiciously ( I believe his words were, "Oh, so you noticed us? Was it because we was black that you noticed us?").
6. The 2007 Denver church shooter. Felt bitterness and hatred towards Christians, and was gay. No wonder the DUmmies' posts on the shooting almost ALWAYS portrayed him in a much more sympathetic light than his victims, and portrayed the brave security guard who risked her life to stop his rampage as an evil, sadistic lunatic.
Last edited by movie buff; 04-20-2009 at 09:00 AM.
04-19-2009, 01:21 AM
- Join Date
- May 2008
04-19-2009, 01:34 AM
This just an old tatic has been used throught the history of Mnakind; you present those you hate as inhuman monsters so you can justify destroying them.
Its been done countless times with minorities, religous sects, polical groups.
The dark storm is here kids, heavy weather ahead.
Soon some kind of Waco event is in our near future; don't be surprised when it happens and the Moonbats are playing cheerleader when it goes down.CU's Paranormal Expert.
Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.
04-19-2009, 01:37 AM
And they call us intolerant.
04-19-2009, 07:56 AM
Please don't shoot me
04-19-2009, 01:35 PM
We have to remember, to the DUmmies and some other libs, all the left-wing terrorists weren't terrorists for the same reason the black people can't be racist...it's because they are "against the Man" instead of part of the "evil rich." They are courageous freedom fighters, animal protectors, or those willing to die for their "civil rights." This makes them far superior to right-wing terrorists, who battle to destroy animals and the environment, unfairly suppress those that wish to kill their children or "marry" a same-six partner, or in other heinous ways demand that society remain at least somewhat decent and wholesome and not too horribly different from the one envisioned by our forefathers.-
In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.
Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
BledaGuest04-19-2009, 10:55 PM
These morons do realize that Hamas is a leftist organization, right?
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|