1. #1 How Obama actually delayed pirate rescue 
    WASHINGTON – While Barack Obama is basking in praise for his "decisive" handling of the Somali pirate attack on a merchant ship in the India Ocean, reliable military sources close to the scene are painting a much different picture of the incident – accusing the president of employing restrictive rules of engagement that actually hampered the rescue of Capt. Richard Phillips and extended the drama at sea for days.
    http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=95451
    This sounds like it could be true.

Why does this come as no surprise? I almost (keyword: ALMOST) wish the captain would have died during the ordeal just so we could pin the blame on Obama!!!
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AHeneen View Post
    Why does this come as no surprise? I almost (keyword: ALMOST) wish the captain would have died during the ordeal just so we could pin the blame on Obama!!!
    Does not surprise me either. No, no, no to the second part. If the Captain would have been killed, the Magic Negro would have blamed it on Bush, Gates, the crew-members, the military, etc. etc.; or it could have been the fault of the new puppy. No way would he or could he take the blame. His narcissistic personality would not allow it.

Actually I was surprised when the NAVY snipers were sent to take out the pirates and rescue the captain. I was expecting another Carter SNAFU.:eek:
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Quote Originally Posted by AHeneen View Post
    Not me...Obama and the MSM would have passed the buck and would have found a way to blame the On Site Commander.

Banned
    So, World Nut Daily quotes "reliable military sources close to the scene" as saying Obama screwed up, even though the Captain was rescued unharmed. And people really wonder why Rs/Cs are seen as the "party/faction of NO?" Good luck with pushing this meme.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Closet View Post
    So, World Nut Daily quotes "reliable military sources close to the scene" as saying Obama screwed up, even though the Captain was rescued unharmed. And people really wonder why Rs/Cs are seen as the "party/faction of NO?" Good luck with pushing this meme.
    Problem is that if they're active duty military they can't be named. That's why it's the retired brass that get out on the media circuit. Not that I am a fan of WND (I'm not), but it's hard to press for details IDing military personnel after a certain point.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Problem is that if they're active duty military they can't be named. That's why it's the retired brass that get out on the media circuit. Not that I am a fan of WND (I'm not), but it's hard to press for details IDing military personnel after a certain point.
    And it's just as easy, and just as probable, that WND would make up "reliable sources" to push an agenda as it is that the NYT would.