Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Scrubbed! CNN yanking tea party 'embarrassment' 
    Cable television news network CNN has attempted to block a video on YouTube.com that shows "tea party" protesters in Chicago confronting the network's reporter Susan Roesgen over her allegedly biased and "not fair" coverage of the event.
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=95525

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Cable television news network CNN has attempted to block a video on YouTube.com that shows "tea party" protesters in Chicago confronting the network's reporter Susan Roesgen over her allegedly biased and "not fair" coverage of the event.
    On what grounds? They can't claim copyright infringement without eliminating all of the other CNN videos on YouTube. If they're upset that Roesgen's conduct reflects badly on them, perhaps blocking her from going on the air is a better solution.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    On what grounds? They can't claim copyright infringement without eliminating all of the other CNN videos on YouTube. If they're upset that Roesgen's conduct reflects badly on them, perhaps blocking her from going on the air is a better solution.
    Technically it is their property and they can choose the videos they want to grant public access to and which they don't. They don't really have to state a reason because the copyright infringement rules can be applied on a individual basis. Under the law, I believe, it is up to them to raise the issue and they can either raise it collectively or ala carte.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I have a hunch she will be terminated soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Technically it is their property and they can choose the videos they want to grant public access to and which they don't. They don't really have to state a reason because the copyright infringement rules can be applied on a individual basis. Under the law, I believe, it is up to them to raise the issue and they can either raise it collectively or ala carte.
    I have heard that there is third party video of that event.Can they block that to?

I have heard that there is third party video of that event.Can they block that to?
    They can not block that. The incident took place in a public area so the tapeand it's images are the property of whoever shot it.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

That's exactly why I saved a copy as soon as I saw it. I wondered how long it would take before it vanished. What our friends at CNN forget is that once it's in the tubes, it's out there forever.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Banned
    CNN needs to take it on the chin... Every network has clips on youtube that are embarrassing--but don't represent the network as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    CNN needs to take it on the chin... Every network has clips on youtube that are embarrassing--but don't represent the network as a whole.
    But this was a moment of honesty for cnn. They would rather keep their opinions a little more veiled.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Yes and no. This gets into fair use issues and copyright law. The reason for refusing to allow someone to use a video is that as the copyright holder, you are entitled to either compensation for its use, or because you are seeking to protect your ownership of the video, otherwise it can slip into public domain. Now, CNN allows people to post their videos on a regular basis, so there is no fear of lost ownership. Since CNN does not demand compensation for the other videos posted, it's disingenuous for them to demand that they get paid for this one, or that its posting violates their rights in a way that the other postings do not. Of course, Youtube will probably comply, since they don't want to get into a nasty court fight, and they are simpatico to CNN's ideological, if not legal, position, but it's still rampant hypocrisy.
    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    How does this not represent CNN as a whole? Does it not reflect founder Ted Turner's contempt for conservatives? Does it not demonstrate an obvious and persistent bias which permeates most of their material? Does it not show one of their reporters embarassing herself in an unscripted moment? These are the staples of CNN coverage, from Peter Arnett allowing himself to give aid and comfort to Saddam's military on Iraqi TV to Eason Jordan slandering US troops from the stage at Davos, this is CNN.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!