Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    And maybe Perez Hilton's. Really, how many Miss Americas do you remember? For me, it's Bess Myerson, Lee Meriwether, and Vanessa Williams. That's about it.
    Judi Ford, 1969 Miss America.

Simply because she lived in the same little town as me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Ford

Quote Originally Posted by agua bendita View Post
    I do not think this was posted but we have a new smart beautiful conservative lady to support..Miss California Carrie Prejean Miss California asked about gay marriage Perez Hilton calls answer "worst ever" Hilton says contestant a "dumb bitch"
    Did her answer keep her from winning?

Frankly, if so I am glad she did not win.
    Yeah, but the whole political litmus test for something as trivial the Miss USA pageant just means that we're accepting the premise that liberals can impose their agenda anywhere. What if she'd gotten the universal healthcare and came out against nationalizing the industry? Supposing she gave a free-market answer on the bailouts? Would a judge have subjected her to vitriol because she opposed using public funds for what has become a massive slush fund for the administration? How fair is it to ask these incredibly loaded questions at what should be an apolitical event? And if they are going to do so, they should put out a questionaire beforehand so that the contestants know what the acceptable answer is, because heaven knows that we wouldn't want a Miss USA who wasn't 100% politically correct, now would we?

I propose a multiple choice test, with a few possible hot-button issues below as samples. Please fill out your answers completely and justify each one with a paragraph essay so that we know, for future reference, whether your political positions are acceptable for a Miss USA contestant:

• Gun Control: For or against?
    • Abortion: On demand, some restriction or total ban?
    • Darfur: Intervention or no intervention?
    • Iraq: War of liberation or no blood for oil?
    • The Constitution: Original intent or "living document?"
    • The Middle East: Two-state solution, no solution, or blame the Joooooooooos?
    • Illegal Immigration: Amnesty or deportation?
    • Tax code reform: Flat tax, increased progression in rates, status quo, Fair Tax, VAT or a combination of any two plus egg roll?
    • The Armenian Genocide: Blame the Turks or let bygones be bygones?
    • TARP bailouts: Yes, no, maybe or "here's my offshore account number, start shoveling?"
    • Hawley-Smoot Tariff: Job-killing trade barrier or protection for the "little guy?"
    • Henry VIII's Great Question: Catherine of Aragon or Anne Boleyn?
    • Star Trek: Kirk or Picard?
    • The Siege of Troy: Trojan Horse is a gift from the gods or a dark, cramped space filled with sweaty Greeks? (Which, BTW, brings us full-circle to gay marriage)
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!