05-16-2009, 08:19 AM
- Join Date
- Apr 2006
- Items for Sale
Simply because she lived in the same little town as me.
05-16-2009, 02:35 PM
I propose a multiple choice test, with a few possible hot-button issues below as samples. Please fill out your answers completely and justify each one with a paragraph essay so that we know, for future reference, whether your political positions are acceptable for a Miss USA contestant:
- Gun Control: For or against?
- Abortion: On demand, some restriction or total ban?
- Darfur: Intervention or no intervention?
- Iraq: War of liberation or no blood for oil?
- The Constitution: Original intent or "living document?"
- The Middle East: Two-state solution, no solution, or blame the Joooooooooos?
- Illegal Immigration: Amnesty or deportation?
- Tax code reform: Flat tax, increased progression in rates, status quo, Fair Tax, VAT or a combination of any two plus egg roll?
- The Armenian Genocide: Blame the Turks or let bygones be bygones?
- TARP bailouts: Yes, no, maybe or "here's my offshore account number, start shoveling?"
- Hawley-Smoot Tariff: Job-killing trade barrier or protection for the "little guy?"
- Henry VIII's Great Question: Catherine of Aragon or Anne Boleyn?
- Star Trek: Kirk or Picard?
- The Siege of Troy: Trojan Horse is a gift from the gods or a dark, cramped space filled with sweaty Greeks? (Which, BTW, brings us full-circle to gay marriage)
Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.
Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|