Thread: Idiot of the day!!!!
#1 Idiot of the day!!!!04-21-2009, 05:48 PMYavin4 (1000+ posts) Tue Apr-21-09 04:01 PM
Why Not Pay People to NOT Work
Yes, you read it correctly. The government should just pay people to NOT work. Here's my reasoning:
1. There has been negative Job Growth in the Private Sector. When you analyze the economic data for this decade, private sector job growth has declined, esp. when take out the job growth related to the credit/housing/consumption bubble.
2. Outsourcing of Manufacturing and IT jobs to low labor cost production nations will continue and strengthen even when the credit markets stabilize. The American worker cannot compete with $2/hr. labor. They just cannot.
3. The economy is still largely dependent on the U.S. consumer. Paying a percentage of the workforce to NOT work allows them to continue consuming which will save some jobs.
4. This program would be paid for by cutting defense spending, raising corporate taxes on mega corporations, and closing tax loopholes.
By paying a significant percentage of the U.S. workforce to stay home and NOT work, we will do more to stabilize and support the economy. We will be saving the jobs of the people who are dependent on consumer spending.
Its called welfare!!!Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land
04-21-2009, 06:07 PM
What a jerk. He wants to be the first in line!
: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
” I wondered why the rock was getting larger. Then it hit me.
04-21-2009, 08:10 PM
hedgehog (1000+ posts)
Tue Apr-21-09 04:14 PM
Response to Original message
3. Me! Pick Me!
Solly Mack(1000+ posts)
Tue Apr-21-09 06:19 PM
Response to Original message
20. I want that job!
Edited on Tue Apr-21-09 06:20 PM by Solly Mack
Occupation: Geographical worker
A geographical bachelor is a married man who is stationed away from home - as in a hardship/non-accompanied tour - though not to be confused with combat. (in military-speak)
So, a geographical worker would be a worker who is away from work (not to be confused with person who works from home)
04-21-2009, 08:23 PM
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Items for Sale
Man, that's one of the most stupid things Yavin's posted in a while...:DMay the FORCE be with you!
04-21-2009, 09:01 PM
As was mentioned at the other place...we already do.-
In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.
Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
04-21-2009, 10:26 PMYavin4 (1000+ posts) Tue Apr-21-09 08:55 PM
Response to Reply #29
32. In Three Years or So, The Idea of Paying Folks To Not Work Will Be Mainstream
And volunteering in the community or helping out in some way will be seen as a fair compromise to NOT working for the money.Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|