Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Overpriced coffee and unsecured wireless internet? Man, I can't believe what I've been missing.
    A $4 latte doesn't mean much to me and I rarely send info over unsecured wireless that is particularly sensitive, e.g., bank logons, etc. I'm paying for the convenience and for the coffee, which I like once or twice a day.

They were actually trying to get a Starbucks out here in Iraq on the air base. Luckily, we got a Green Bean Coffee instead. Their frozen Latte makes the 110 degree temperatures all the more worth it.:D
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Let's see. I'm 70 miles south of Bangkok in the second or third largest city in Thailand. I am within two blocks of TWO Starbucks. I don't think you should pronounce them dead yet :D

Good less places for smelly hippies and speed freaks to congregate.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aklover View Post
    Good less places for smelly hippies and speed freaks to congregate.
    Odd. Most Starbucks I've frequented, in NYC's Financial District and formerly in London's Square Mile, had more Armani suits than smelly hippies. In fact, I'm not sure if I've ever seen a smelly hippy in a Starbucks. However, I have seen a bunch of fat rednecks and white-bread burbites in "Dunkin" (is that right, Linda :D) Doughnuts.

Shunned Starbucks in Aussie exit

The mighty Starbucks coffee empire has been handed a heavy defeat by thousands of small Australian cafes in the fight for a nation's taste buds.

Eight years after it began selling its espressos and frappucinos in Australia, the US giant has succumbed to powerful financial and cultural pressures and has closed 61 of its 85 shops across the country.

Savouring a morning cup of coffee has become a ritual for millions of Australians - yet one that Starbucks failed to capitalise on, in spite of the way the chain had become a global cultural phenomenon during the 1990s.

"It was maybe too standardised," says Michael Edwardson, a consumer psychologist in Melbourne.

"Early on it was unique and different, but as it became a global chain the standardisation made it lose some of that coolness and edginess. It was quickly copied and lost its lustre.Ē

Link
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Eyelids
    I've had Starbucks a few times before, I dont remember it being bad or anything its just I never really felt the need to come back. There are a little bit too many of them, and for anybody who thinks hippies go to Starbucks I implore you to leave the outskirts of Nowhere, USA at least once in your life.