Thread: Starbucks closing 600 stores in the US

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    No Starbucks in Cove but there is one down 190 in killeen. Couple dozen mom & pop franchise coffee shops around though.

The closest Starbucks to me is @ 45 miles away!!! The closest similar store is @ 25 miles away! I live in the boonies (and I like it that way!!)

Banned
    I'm a bit surprised at the rather virulent reaction to Starbuck's here. I actually got (back) into the Starbucks' habit last Spring/Summer when I was working on Wall Street. On this gig, there's actually a very good coffee shop on Park called Gregory's which has free wi-fi.

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
    Where the hell am I going to get my overpriced burnt coffee now??
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Five stores within a 1-mile radius from the shop: Three in market - two freestanding, with drive-thrus.

I've never spent a dollar at any of them - ever.:p
    Oh, I didn't actually pay for it - I used a free coupon. :D

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    within a two block radius of our apartment tower, there are at least 4 Dunking Donuts!
    It's not Dunking Donuts. I finally understand why they call you an elitist baaaaastard.

noonwitch
    They are all over metro Detroit. There are even 5 or 6 in the city, in "safe" locations like downtown, WSU, across from Orchestra Hall, etc.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    It's not Dunking Donuts. I finally understand why they call you an elitist baaaaastard.
    The most current is "elitist prick." :D And I seriously thought it was "Dunking Donuts," although I would have probably written "Dunking Doughnuts" except that I was trying to shed that elitist image and all.

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Five stores within a 1-mile radius from the shop: Three in market - two freestanding, with drive-thrus.

I've never spent a dollar at any of them - ever.:p

Good for you! Can't get out without spending $5.00 anyways. Where will the Yuppies buy a $5.00 cup of coffee now. Interesting how even the most polar opposites on this site can find something in common. :)

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    I'm a bit surprised at the rather virulent reaction to Starbuck's here. I actually got (back) into the Starbucks' habit last Spring/Summer when I was working on Wall Street. On this gig, there's actually a very good coffee shop on Park called Gregory's which has free wi-fi.
    Overpriced coffee and unsecured wireless internet? Man, I can't believe what I've been missing.

I tried them a couple of times, and have yet to think that the product is worth the price. Of course, that didn't stop me from putting in an app in my search for a second job.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!