1. #1 City Infernal- book report for Darkscribe 
    Alright, I finishd my first Ed Lee book!. It was a good quick read with a killer premise, hell is a huge city where things are ran like a real city only with alot of death, torture,pain and all kinds of mayhem!
    I think he could have taken this idea and made a Stephen King- like epic out of it.

The only part that took away from it was every time our heros got into a problem, there was a talisman or a spell to get them out of trouble, maybe in a longer novel that stuff could have been weaved in.

Up next is Infernal Angel, lets kick some demon ass!

I heard he lives on treasure island, I'll be there this weekend. If I see him I'll tell him Hi from Darkscribe!!!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Oh dear lord.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Alright, I finishd my first Ed Lee book!. It was a good quick read with a killer premise, hell is a huge city where things are ran like a real city only with alot of death, torture,pain and all kinds of mayhem!
    I think he could have taken this idea and made a Stephen King- like epic out of it.

The only part that took away from it was every time our heros got into a problem, there was a talisman or a spell to get them out of trouble, maybe in a longer novel that stuff could have been weaved in.

Up next is Infernal Angel, lets kick some demon ass!

I heard he lives on treasure island, I'll be there this weekend. If I see him I'll tell him Hi from Darkscribe!!!
    Hey, man, cool book report ! Do I get to grade it now? ;)

Glad you liked it and you made some great points. He does expand on the Hell-being-a-city thing or Mephistopolis (as it is called), in the next two books...and like I said to you in a PM, while this trilogy is not my absolute favorite by him, it is imaginative and different for Lee...but filled with his trademark graphic style, humor and other touches (such as the old house with a bizarre brass door-knocker in the form of a featureless face with just eyes...this always turns up in just about every Lee book). The third book is very very good. And he's hinted at future books involving his 'infernal city.'

Yeah, Ed lives on St. Pete Beach where he claims to spend his non-writing time sitting in a seafood bar drinking good beer, eating crabs (he's a freak for crabmeat), and oogling bikinis. Or so I've heard on his Horror World bulletin board.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature