Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 "Borderline Dummies !" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    The border for dummies

"Do We Have Another Light weight,Low IQ,Bureaucratic,Female Seat Warmer like Janet Reno At Obama's DHS ?"

Can someone please tell us how U. S. Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano got her job? She appears to be about as knowledgeable about border issues as a late-night radio call-in yahoo.

In an interview broadcast Monday on the CBC, Ms. Napolitano attempted to justify her call for stricter border security on the premise that "suspected or known terrorists" have entered the U. S. across the Canadian border, including the perpetrators of the 9/11 attack.

All the 9/11 terrorists, of course, entered the United States directly from overseas. The notion that some arrived via Canada is a myth that briefly popped up in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, and was then quickly debunked.

Informed of her error, Ms. Napolitano blustered: "I can't talk to that. I can talk about the future. And here's the future. The future is we have borders."

Just what does that mean, exactly?

Just a few weeks ago, Ms. Napolitano equated Canada's border to Mexico's, suggesting they deserved the same treatment. Mexico is engulfed in a drug war that left more than 5,000 dead last year, and which is spawning a spillover kidnapping epidemic in Arizona. So many Mexicans enter the United States illegally that a multi-billion-dollar barrier has been built from Texas to California to keep them out.

http://www.nationalpost.com/todays-p...tml?id=1520295

Not only is she a clueless, ignorant, incompetent piece of fat flesh. She's dangerous, she is capable of decisions that could destroy normal, law abiding citizens lives. She needs to join the Human Extinction Group in another thread.

I know Janet Reno was never popular with conservatives, but she was not stupid. She never would have let a memo worded in such a way get out to the press and public.

She used RICO to drive Randall Terry/Operation Rescue into bankruptcy. Conservatives can make a good case that she was abusing power in doing so, but it wasn't a stupid move on her part, it was a smart and effective legal strategy. She may have been controversial, but she wasn't stupid.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I know Janet Reno was never popular with conservatives, but she was not stupid. She never would have let a memo worded in such a way get out to the press and public.

She used RICO to drive Randall Terry/Operation Rescue into bankruptcy. Conservatives can make a good case that she was abusing power in doing so, but it wasn't a stupid move on her part, it was a smart and effective legal strategy. She may have been controversial, but she wasn't stupid.
    That so?Then how do you explain this brillient statement ? "Informed of her error, Ms. Napolitano blustered: "I can't talk to that. I can talk about the future. And here's the future. The future is we have borders."Just what does that mean, exactly?Absolute gibberish and you call her intelligent ,Yeh right !

Wouldn't you agree that something is terribly wrong when a situation can supposedly be an abuse of power, smart and an effective legal strategy all at the same time?

Their bankruptcy resulted from $60,000 in fines for violating injunctions against blocking access to abortion clinics. Someone should tell striking workers walking a picket line and civil rights activists of the 60's who were staging sit-ins, they are lucky some judge had not adjudicated them right into the poor house. It looks like beauty as well as what qualifies as civil disobedience is in the eye of the beholder.

IMHO, Ms. Reno's handling/bungling of the Elian Gonzalez affair and the Davidian Compound disaster would only get her into MENSA as the cleaning lady.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

I'm not talking about Reno, if you are. But Napolitano is way over her stupid little head. She has proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, to be incompetent. She needs to be sacked, before she gets someone hurt.

Informed of her error, Ms. Napolitano blustered: "I can't talk to that. I can talk about the future. And here's the future. The future is we have borders."
    If so, let's start enforcing them. That would be change I could believe in.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    If so, let's start enforcing them. That would be change I could believe in.
    I could definitely get all hopeychangey about that!
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    Wouldn't you agree that something is terribly wrong when a situation can supposedly be an abuse of power, smart and an effective legal strategy all at the same time?

Their bankruptcy resulted from $60,000 in fines for violating injunctions against blocking access to abortion clinics. Someone should tell striking workers walking a picket line and civil rights activists of the 60's who were staging sit-ins, they are lucky some judge had not adjudicated them right into the poor house. It looks like beauty as well as what qualifies as civil disobedience is in the eye of the beholder.

IMHO, Ms. Reno's handling/bungling of the Elian Gonzalez affair and the Davidian Compound disaster would only get her into MENSA as the cleaning lady.

The Davidian situation was one Reno inherited, when the standoff was already going on. The ATF mishandled the situation from the beginning. She did take full responsibility for it when asked in Congress. She didn't make excuses.

As far as Operation Rescue goes, she acheived her goals by effectively shutting them down. She found a way to apply interstate anti-crime laws to an organization in a way that others hadn't thought of. That makes it smart. The morality of the action is a different issue. There was a really weird edge to some of the anti-abortion protests of the Clinton years- like the protestor who tried to give President Clinton an aborted fetus in a jar, for example, and some of the fringe elements bombing clinics and shooting doctors. The guy with the jar is lucky the Secret Service didn't shoot him.

This is just my opinion, but I really don't think she bungled the Elian Gonzales situation. The kid was returned to his father and no blood was shed. If the INS had not gone in and taken immediate command, do you really think that family would have complied with the order to give the kid to his dad? Who knows how many of the people hanging around the family's home may have been armed and looking for trouble? If she had waited any longer, it could have gotten really ugly and violent.

Banned
    The Davidian situation was one Reno inherited, when the standoff was already going on. The ATF mishandled the situation from the beginning. She did take full responsibility for it when asked in Congress. She didn't make excuses.

As far as Operation Rescue goes, she acheived her goals by effectively shutting them down. She found a way to apply interstate anti-crime laws to an organization in a way that others hadn't thought of. That makes it smart. The morality of the action is a different issue. There was a really weird edge to some of the anti-abortion protests of the Clinton years- like the protestor who tried to give President Clinton an aborted fetus in a jar, for example, and some of the fringe elements bombing clinics and shooting doctors. The guy with the jar is lucky the Secret Service didn't shoot him.

This is just my opinion, but I really don't think she bungled the Elian Gonzales situation. The kid was returned to his father and no blood was shed. If the INS had not gone in and taken immediate command, do you really think that family would have complied with the order to give the kid to his dad? Who knows how many of the people hanging around the family's home may have been armed and looking for trouble? If she had waited any longer, it could have gotten really ugly and violent.
    I don't give a flying fuck about Janet Reno. That is past history. What I care about is another Obama cabinet member that is dumb as a rock. The stupid broad does not know where the terrorist from 9/11 came from. Not from Canada, got it. She is an embarrassment and has pissed off our largest trading partners with false information. Between Obama checking out a Muslim's crotch with his bow to the rest of his flubs, this Admin. will go down in history as an abomination because of all the crooks and tax cheats.