Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Aklover View Post
    How is it in the gunshine state that it is not legal to have a accessable gun in the car without permit? Sounds like your legislators need reaming while your at it.
    We are working on that.

There have been good advances in the last few years after a couple of decades of the Democrats being in charge. We now have a law that says a gun range is a lawful business that cannot be controlled by the local governments and cannot be sued. We recently passed the Castile Doctrine, which says that you do not have the responsibility to flee in your home or car or anyplace else where threaten. Carry permits are "shall issue", which means that they are very easy to get.

It is getting better. This law was a big one because it says the Legislation is still pro gun. The businesses lobbied hard against the law but it was passed anyhow.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Disney has always owned the Florida Legislature and the Governor's Office. For instance they are their own Water Management District. They are exempted from many other state laws. It is pathetic the way the state government have pandered to those pricks over the years.
    Disney gets pretty much whatever they demand from fed and local govco. Its ridiculous.

Disney is the reason we have 90+ year copyright terms now... Every time the copyright to Mickey Mouse is about to run out, govco comes along and happily change the law to extend copyright terms for them. Essentially copyrights are going to be indefinite unless someone takes a stand (unlikely).

noonwitch
    I'm not even allowed to carry mace on the job-they let the mailmen do that, to use on vicious dogs. When I was new, we were allowed to carry mace-for dogs, mostly, because stray packs of feral dogs can be a real problem in some parts of Detroit. Plus, they are finding coyotes closer to the city, and they caught one down by the river downtown last year.

Vepr
    Do they serve alcohol at Disney? Probably got around it that way. Didn't someone around here say guns and alcohol don't mix? ;) :D

Strange seeing "Conservatives" upset about a private business being able to establish their rules of conduct for their business. Guess we need the govt to step in and establish those rules for private businesses.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Strange seeing "Conservatives" upset about a private business being able to establish their rules of conduct for their business. Guess we need the govt to step in and establish those rules for private businesses.

If I they place my safety in peril they should be held financially responsible to me or my benefactors.

Patent Member
    I think that the government, and an employer, should keep their hands out of the cars of their employees. If you think this is about private business, do you think Disney should be able to tell people that they cannot own guns, have children, smoke, or drink Pepsi products in their own homes?

gator
    The right to keep and bear arms is a Constitutional right.

It is not a dress code or a behavior in the workplace issue.

The real culprit here is the Trial Lawyer's Association because they try to make businesses responsible for the actions of individuals. Every buswinessin America is afraid of being sued and paying out big bucks for not "protecting" their employees or patrons.

If it wasn't for the fact that the morons from Disney were so goddamn afraid of getting sued they probably wouldn't care one way or another.

Did I mention that the Trial Lawyer's Association was the second largest contributor to the Democrat Party during the last two elections?

Quote Originally Posted by Aklover View Post
    If I they place my safety in peril they should be held financially responsible to me or my benefactors.
    According to established law they are held accountable for culpability. It's a rather hard case toprove when you are there volountarily though.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    The right to keep and bear arms is a Constitutional right.

It is not a dress code or a behavior in the workplace issue.

The real culprit here is the Trial Lawyer's Association because they try to make businesses responsible for the actions of individuals. Every buswinessin America is afraid of being sued and paying out big bucks for not "protecting" their employees or patrons.

If it wasn't for the fact that the morons from Disney were so goddamn afraid of getting sued they probably wouldn't care one way or another.

Did I mention that the Trial Lawyer's Association was the second largest contributor to the Democrat Party during the last two elections?
    Ah but where is your constitutional right to go to Disneyland or any other privately owned business ? Remember when the constitution was restrictions on the govt not on the people.