1. #1 US Army tests flying robot sniper 
    I hate HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    This is cool beans! Wish there was a video of it!

The US Army is testing the Autonomous Rotorcraft Sniper System (ARSS) - a remote-controlled unmanned vigilante robot helicopter equipped with a high-velocity sniper rifle.

Washington, April 23 : The US Army is testing the Autonomous Rotorcraft Sniper System (ARSS) - a remote-controlled unmanned vigilante robot helicopter equipped with a high-velocity sniper rifle.

According to a report by Fox News, its RND Edge semi-automatic gun is mounted on a self-stabilizing turret with built-in zoom camera, and fires 7 to 10 precisely aimed .338-caliber rounds per second.

Back on the ground, a human directs it using a modified Xbox 360 controller, which plugs into a laptop so that the operator can see what the drone sees.

The system is intended for the urban battlefield - an eye in the sky that can stare down concrete canyons, and blink out targets with extreme precision.

Attempting to return fire against the ARSS is liable to be a near-suicidal act, as ARSS is described as being able to fire seven to 10 aimed shots per minute, and it's unlikely to miss.

:Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
    Ē I wondered why the rock was getting larger. Then it hit me.

It does sound cool.

Well...life imitating art...just saw an episode of CSI New York where the killer used a RC helecopter with twin .30 cal rifles to kill someone.
    If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It does sound cool.
    That depends on which side of the barrel you're looking at it from.......
    When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the NaÔve.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

I hate HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Hey your sister whoohyuk is looking for you.

:Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
    Ē I wondered why the rock was getting larger. Then it hit me.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post

Next step is to take a Proto-type Hercules gunship like the AC-130/H and fully automate it .The functions are largely automatic now .The full firepower of those things is awesome .
    .............................AC-130/H
    Maximum Takeoff Weight: 155,000 pounds (69,750 kilograms)
    Armament: AC-130H: 40mm and 105mm cannons; AC-130U:
    40mm and 105mm cannons and 25mm Gatling gun.
    AC-130Us are being retrofitted with
    30mm Mk-44 single barrel cannons in place of the
    40mm cannon and the 25mm Gatling gun.
    Crew: AC-130U - pilot, copilot, navigator,
    fire control officer,
    electronic warfare officer (officers)
    flight engineer,
    TV operator,
    infrared detection set operator,
    loadmaster,
    four aerial gunners (enlisted)
    All of the crew is unneeded with multiple computers running their local programs and a team remote operators .

Real time control is relayed from the ground stations to satellite and down to the aircraft and are used during any needed battlefield correction .

All of our modern large long range commercial aircraft for the large part of any International flights flown by autopilots.The autopilots are continuously engaged and the pilots only enter into flight intervention during takeoff and landings .The aircraft are already programmed to takeoff and land under computer control and have already demonstrated this capability in Europe but federal law doesn't allow it in this country except in the case of an extreme emergency.