Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Many Republicans Would Vote for Obama Over Palin 
    Haha, yeah right, you just keep deluding yourselves!

Moonbat delusions

wyldwolf (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-23-09 11:48 AM
    Original message
    Many Republicans Would Vote for Obama Over Palin
    A new Public Policy Polling survey has some interesting findings concerning Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R): While 76% of Republican voters have a favorable opinion of her, 21% say they would rather vote for President Obama if she became the Republican party presidential nominee in 2012.

In a head-to-head match up, Obama would beat Palin, 53% to 41%.

The survey also shows Obama beating Mike Huckabee, 49% to 42%, Newt Gingrich, 52% to 39%, and Mitt Romney, 50% to 39%.

Mz Pip (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-23-09 12:02 PM
    Response to Reply #2
    5. I think that's more of
    a result of a likability factor rather than on policy positions. I doubt that many people really know how far right Huckabee really is. He comes across as a pleasant, amusing guy. Some people still vote on the "Who would you like to have a beer with" criteria.

Palin, Romney, Newt are all mean spritited and snarky. That turns a lot of people off right there.
    Oh, the irony!

bluestateguy (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-23-09 11:59 AM
    Response to Original message
    3. It's about patriotism
    The notion that anybody could vote against the President of the United States in a time of war is just incomprehensible to me.
    Keep convincing yourselves

Peace_Sells (97 posts) Thu Apr-23-09 12:04 PM
    Response to Original message
    6. Wow
    Edited on Thu Apr-23-09 12:04 PM by Peace_Sells
    I can't beleive a republican would vote Obama let alone 21% over palin. That's very encouraging.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

what the hell is going on over there. People getting high off keyboards or somthing? Have they heard that San Fransico is for sale?

Banned
    They're correct in that there is a large group of moderate Republicans who voted for Obama due to Palin's nomination as VP, c.f., Christopher Buckley. Moreover, a large group of Independents who were formerly Republican would probably vote third party or not vote at all if Palin is the 2012 nominee. I, for example, had every intention of voting for McCain and was a strong supporter of him on this board. However, after the VP selection, I ended up doing a write-in for my Senator.

There's no way now to predict who on the GOP side can beat Obama, 3+ years from now. For what it's worth, I don't think Newt is the guy. He's the experienced guy that the GOP candidate could pick for a running mate, if the GOP choice is someone who's experience is mostly as a governor (like Sarah Palin). Or, if the top of the ticket is a more moderate choice, Newt could shore up the conservative vote as the VP pick.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    There's no way now to predict who on the GOP side can beat Obama, 3+ years from now. For what it's worth, I don't think Newt is the guy. He's the experienced guy that the GOP candidate could pick for a running mate, if the GOP choice is someone who's experience is mostly as a governor (like Sarah Palin). Or, if the top of the ticket is a more moderate choice, Newt could shore up the conservative vote as the VP pick.
    Anyone, after 2 or 3 years of the Messiah, anyone will beat him. At 4 trillion a year for budgets, the American people will have enough, for sure.

6. #6 Lol 
    Banned
    Oh yes, I really believe this .........
    They also called me to buy a bridge in Brooklyn ..........
    I politely declined..........
    Now we have a President at war with Americans..........

Spike a poll and change reality.

I see DU hasn't given up on the old traditions.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Closet View Post
    They're correct in that there is a large group of moderate Republicans who voted for Obama due to Palin's nomination as VP, c.f., Christopher Buckley. Moreover, a large group of Independents who were formerly Republican would probably vote third party or not vote at all if Palin is the 2012 nominee. I, for example, had every intention of voting for McCain and was a strong supporter of him on this board. However, after the VP selection, I ended up doing a write-in for my Senator.

We will know who to blame when we get double digit inflation and an economy worse than Jimmy Carter's fiasco.

We also will know who to blame when new terrorist groups gain stature - just like they did under Carter.

You see CW, you ARE partially correct in your belief that it was our presence in the Middle East that contributed to this mess.

But the ONLY reason our presence was upsetting to Bin Laden was that we are not Islamic.

If we had been his brand of Islamic radicals, there would be no problem.

According to Bin Laden, the ONLY people allowed to set foot over there are the Muslims. I don't think we should have to put up with that and have our existence threatened because we dare step foot in Saudi Arabia. Especially since we went there and helped curb aggression in the area - an aggression that was against an Islamic Kingdom.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    You see CW, you ARE partially correct in your belief that it was our presence in the Middle East that contributed to this mess.
    Huh? You must need to refill your meds because I certainly didn't say anything of the sort either here or elsewhere to my recollection. The closest I've come to saying that (and I recall the post only vaguely) was that our training and arming of the Mujahdin without the appropriate controls in place has come back to haunt us. But that was in an obscure post long ago and far away and certainly not related to the topic at hand, the viability of a Palin presidential candidacy.

That's almost as bad as StsSinner in another thread who repeatedly claimed I was trying to justify same-sex marriage on the basis of civil rights for blacks, i.e., a legally-protected class, and of inter-racial marriage, when I never made any comments vaguely resembling those. Is there a virus going around affecting reading comprehension?
    Last edited by Water Closet; 04-24-2009 at 11:26 AM.

When we are attacked by a terrorist organization, BO LIHOP,MIHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111:D