Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    We will know who to blame when we get double digit inflation and an economy worse than Jimmy Carter's fiasco.

We also will know who to blame when new terrorist groups gain stature - just like they did under Carter.
    Let's put the crisis in perspective though. It's been the response of ALL the nutjobs in the government that will ultimately cause an inflationary mess. This baby is Bush's, Obama's and this Congress equally. They both believe in the same principle of stimulus, bailouts, running deficits and borrowing trillions. The difference is just where it's going. It tends to get lost in the little details I think. What should make people really mad is that Obama is a continuation of the same problems we've had, when he supposedly offered change. Only change is in my pocket cause the dollar will be worthless soon.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Closet View Post
    Huh? You must need to refill your meds because I certainly didn't say anything of the sort either here or elsewhere to my recollection. The closest I've come to saying that (and I recall the post only vaguely) was that our training and arming of the Mujahdin without the appropriate controls in place has come back to haunt us. But that was in an obscure post long ago and far away and certainly not related to the topic at hand, the viability of a Palin presidential candidacy.

That's almost as bad as StsSinner in another thread who repeatedly claimed I was trying to justify same-sex marriage on the basis of civil rights for blacks, i.e., a legally-protected class, and of inter-racial marriage, when I never made any comments vaguely resembling those. Is there a virus going around affecting reading comprehension?

I apologize if I misunderstood. I thought you pretty much agreed with Michael Scheuer (sp?). I am trying to recall a discussion we had quite a while back, but (obviously), my memory is a bit vague.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Let's put the crisis in perspective though. It's been the response of ALL the nutjobs in the government that will ultimately cause an inflationary mess. This baby is Bush's, Obama's and this Congress equally. They both believe in the same principle of stimulus, bailouts, running deficits and borrowing trillions. The difference is just where it's going. It tends to get lost in the little details I think. What should make people really mad is that Obama is a continuation of the same problems we've had, when he supposedly offered change. Only change is in my pocket cause the dollar will be worthless soon.
    I don't give Bush a pass, but Obama is taking all of the good things Bush did and is trashing them.

He is taking all of the BAD things Bush did and tripling them.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

I don't give Bush a pass, but Obama is taking all of the good things Bush did and is trashing them.

He is taking all of the BAD things Bush did and tripling them.
    yes....the answer to this crisis has been overkill on both parts...but Mr. Obama has certainly made sure the carnage will continue....I'll give you that.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Banned
    I apologize if I misunderstood. I thought you pretty much agreed with Michael Scheuer (sp?). I am trying to recall a discussion we had quite a while back, but (obviously), my memory is a bit vague.
    Wasn't me. While I know who Michael Scheuer is, I've never read his main work (Imperial Hubris) and have never put forward the view that our involvement in the ME, particularly in Isreal and Saudi Arabia, is the primary reason for the conflict between Islam and the West. I do think it's a contributing factor, specifically in that it gives the Bin Ladens of the world a rallying cry with which to convince particularly uneducated Muslims to willingly kill themselves.

As noted above, I wrote in my US Senator's name in November and I can assure you he would have been a bigger proponent of agressive action in the ME than either McCain or Obama. However, most people on this board would not like his positions on social issues.

One great reason why Palin would be the best choice for President...she has the knowledge and experience to cut the budget, and make it work. Of course, we'd have to vote in a supporting Congress, also, since they actually control the money.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Closet View Post
    They're correct in that there is a large group of moderate Republicans who voted for Obama due to Palin's nomination as VP, c.f., Christopher Buckley. Moreover, a large group of Independents who were formerly Republican would probably vote third party or not vote at all if Palin is the 2012 nominee. I, for example, had every intention of voting for McCain and was a strong supporter of him on this board. However, after the VP selection, I ended up doing a write-in for my Senator.

Do you get help from your parents with all of this sophisticated Internet posting stuff?
    These are not the good old days.

When you put all this in prospective though it all comes down to the people who serve in government. They are not there to serve us they are self serving. Blame is kinda old school, whatchoo gonna do aboudit!?!

The biggest change that could come to Washington and relieve these pigs of the power they love is the FairTax!

Biggest stimulus ever!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    When you put all this in prospective though it all comes down to the people who serve in government. They are not there to serve us they are self serving. Blame is kinda old school, whatchoo gonna do aboudit!?!

The biggest change that could come to Washington and relieve these pigs of the power they love is the FairTax!

Biggest stimulus ever!
    TERM LIMITS
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    TERM LIMITS

That too! :D
    But like I said they are pigs, they will stuff themselves to death on themselves. Thier shit don't stink and they talk down to us or just spout the new daily changing talking point! Be it borders, torture or the stimulus, its just blah, blah blah.

The states should be alowed to vote for term limits on all representatives!
    Last edited by patriot45; 04-24-2009 at 09:55 PM.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.