Thread: Moonbat sets 21-day limit on Darfur hunger protest

1. #1 Moonbat sets 21-day limit on Darfur hunger protest 
    AP link.

Ditz gained 9 pounds!

This exactly typifies the limousine liberal attitude toward everything: symbolic caring.

I'm not happy that Darfur is loaded with criminals and insane people who are holding the normal people hostage, either. However, fasting for 3 weeks isn't going to do jack. When Gandhi went on a hunger strike he doing it to shame the Raj into freeing India from colonial control. He was willing to die to make his point. The Indians knew this, the Brits knew this, and Gandhi knew this. Hunger strikes only work if the striker is willing to go all the way and die and if the authority is capable of being moved or shamed by that death.

"World leaders" don't give a rat's ass about Mia Farrow. Even if they did, I can't imagine that they'd moved by her resolution to go on a 3 week fast. People do that all the time for various reasons. A really rigorous diet isn't exactly a dramatic political gesture.

Okay, so Mia Farrow wants us to do exactly what in Darfur? Send fruit baskets? The only thing that will force the Sudanese to stop the war is just that: Force. Now, here's Mia Farrow on Iraq after the death of her nephew:

We have just learned that my nephew, Sgt. Jason Dene, died in Iraq yesterday

His mother is my sister, Tisa Farrow. His dad is Terry Deane.

Jason loved and was loved by his parents, his sister, Bridget, his brother, Mitchell, his wife Judi and their three small children. He was my God-son and cherished by all of us in this large family.

He also loved his country and he was proud to serve.

But I don't know what Jason died for. There was never no evidence of weapons of mass destruction. That was a lie. So people speculate -- was it the oil? Or the old grudges of an old man -- Cheney and his Halliburton? Or the unfinished business of the father -- a haunting of the son? Saddam was bad -- but by then a sleeping dog. Not making threats. The world is full of brutal leaders, some are worse than Saddam Hussein.

This war is as incomprehensible as it is unacceptable. In a cloud of confusion, politicians, generals and ordinery people have come to see that it is a disaster. Exit plans are being discussed while Iraqi citizens and young Americans like our Jason are being killed.

My sister is a nurse. For long years has lived in fear of the day when the two uniformed men came to her door to deliver the most terrible news a mother could hear.

I hope I never see George W Bush.
    I could not shake his hand. He and his cabal have killed my beautiful nephew. . May God, if there is one, forgive them. I cannot.

Today Tisa and Terry, Bridget and Mitchell, Judi, and the three little ones - have been given a life sentence of grief.

How many more must die before this atrocity is ended?
    As I said before, the most rabid antiwar moonbats are now the most rabid Darfur Hawks, and they'll be the first ones to turn tail and attack us for following their demand that we intervene. How long would it be before Mia Farrow started saying that a war in Sudan "is as incomprehensible as it is unacceptable?" Here's how Mia Farrow will characterize Darfur one year after we've launched operations (although I've not deliberately misspelled anything or mangled my grammar in order to reflect hers):

There was never any evidence of weapons of mass destruction in Sudan. Clinton bombed an aspirin factory, so that was a lie. Would we go for oil? Or the new grudges of saber rattling administration officials -- Obama, Biden and their lackeys? The Sudanese are bad -- but they're a sleeping dog. Not making threats to anyone outside of their borders. The world is full of brutal leaders, some are worse than Omar al-Bashir, and they have ongoing WMD programs. Kim Jong Il and Mahmoud Ahmedinejad come to mind. Why take on Sudan when these two men are a threat?
    So, once again, here are my predictions on US intervention in Darfur:
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    • Five minutes after the US military person has boots on the ground, we will see a "US out of Darfur rally" run by the same people who demanded that we intervene.
    • Five minutes after that, the NY Times will refer to it as a "quagmire."
    • Five minutes after that, John Kerry, John Murtha or Dick Durbin will accuse US troops of war crimes in Darfur.
    • The people who were the most vocal in demanding action on Darfur have been the most arrogant, batty and vicious of the anti-Iraq war protestors, and they will turn out to be the most vocal peace protestors against our presence in Darfur.
    • European governments will promise support, then provide next to nothing, while some EU countries will actively work against us.
    • Islamic governments will scream about our invasion of a Muslim state, while saying nothing about how we are rescuing Muslim victims of the Sudanese.
    • Russia and China will fall over themselves trying to undermine our efforts. China will step up arms shipments and will work with Iran to provide IED tech to Sudan. Russia will use its energy clout to try to stop EU countries from providing support and allowing the use of facilities there.
    • The Saudis will immediately begin setting up madrassas and mosques in order to ensure that the people of Darfur are educated in Wahabbi Islam and learn to hate us for having rescued them. Newly radicalized Darfurians (Darfurites? Darfurious?) will be the lead on suicide bombing.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!