Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    It frightens me, too. O'Reilly said tonight that he thought that the bombs would be moved out of Pakistan before the Taliban could grab them. Hope he's right.

I try to be fair, but have to say that the sight of those folks here in the US dressed in their native garb aggravates me. Maybe it just frightens me. Tonight at the gym there were quite a few folks there with the headgear on. I felt like I was on the set of Lawrence of Arabia. Rationally I feel these are probably very nice people. Emotionally they trigger the typical American 9-11 feelings.

I live in the Detroit area, where we have the largest population of people from the Middle East outside of the Middle East.
    Some of my observations are:

1. The women get liberated within a generation. They come here and like the freedom. Once they see that most of us walk around uncovered without getting raped, they realize how stupid that whole thing is. I eat at ME restaurants frequently-they are family businesses, and the women work there with the men. The women are not totally covered-they cover their hair, and wear modest clothes. Some of the younger ones wear jeans and don't even wear the hijab.

2. They are family-centered people, which is something we can share with them. Their businesses are family-centered, and they will help young adults in the family get set up with their own store or restaurant.

There's a woman who comes to the community center who still wears the hijab, but she works out in the gymn wearing sweats. She doesn't go swimming, though, yet she puts her little girls in swimsuits and watches them swim. People adapt to the culture they live in, for the most part.

I just want the foot baths to become an american tradition. I like the idea of being able to soak my feet oin bubbling hot water at all my stops in my daily routine.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    I'd seen that video before, on Youtube.
    That man is genuinely deranged, and the audience laughing and cheering along with him are just as bad.
    Videos such as this need to get out to every Westerner, though that won't happen, because the liberals and the Obamas of the world will view doing so as "Politically Incorrect" (Man, I'm sick of that term), and see that guy as just a hero "Fighting for social justice" or some crap like that.

The problem is that these types of people with these ambitions are NOT just a few kooks. There are literally millions of them.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I live in the Detroit area, where we have the largest population of people from the Middle East outside of the Middle East.
    Some of my observations are:

1. The women get liberated within a generation. They come here and like the freedom. Once they see that most of us walk around uncovered without getting raped, they realize how stupid that whole thing is. I eat at ME restaurants frequently-they are family businesses, and the women work there with the men. The women are not totally covered-they cover their hair, and wear modest clothes. Some of the younger ones wear jeans and don't even wear the hijab.

2. They are family-centered people, which is something we can share with them. Their businesses are family-centered, and they will help young adults in the family get set up with their own store or restaurant.

There's a woman who comes to the community center who still wears the hijab, but she works out in the gymn wearing sweats. She doesn't go swimming, though, yet she puts her little girls in swimsuits and watches them swim. People adapt to the culture they live in, for the most part.

I just want the foot baths to become an american tradition. I like the idea of being able to soak my feet oin bubbling hot water at all my stops in my daily routine.

But these are not the radicals. The everyday Muslim is just like the everyday Christian.

The problem is that the radical schools overseas are dominant and they are churning out terrorists by the boatload - and they ARE trying to infiltrate our Islamic communities.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.