Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
  1. #11  
    Well, this whole thing has blown up and exploded. The Looper is acting befuddled, the city council (or the vocal part of it) is furious, it's all over talk radio, and I expect it will get picked up by the national media.

    I was not even aware that there was a "black national anthem". The entire concept makes no sense unless you hail from Liberia.

    The smart money says that she wanted to get noticed so she could sing at the DNC next month.

    Really, with the technology we have these days, there is just no need for erratic live performers anymore.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,517
    It's been around for over a century, Ginger. You can hear the music here:

    http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/l/i/liftevry.htm
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    It's been around for over a century, Ginger. You can hear the music here:

    http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/l/i/liftevry.htm
    Well, what is the white national anthem then? I wasn't told about that one either.
    Last edited by Gingersnap; 07-02-2008 at 12:40 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,517
    I think that one is the "Star Spangled Banner". It's certainly harder to sing, with that range of octaves to cover. You know it was originally a drinking song, right? :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    If you think this is bad just wait until Obama is Prez.

    For instance, do you know what the word “reparation” means?

    Having the Blacks sing the Black National Anthem will be the least of our problems.

    Life as we know it will be over. America will be fucked.
    If Obama becomes POTUS what can we expect ?

    National Anthem: Lift Every Voice And Sing:
    PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: To the Gay Rainbow Flag
    Wesley Clark :First Stooge
    Charles Rangel:Chief of Staff
    Al Sharpton Jr. Extortionist in chief
    Jesse Jackson, :Acolyte Extortionist in Training
    Elijah Muhammad, Pope of church of Obama(COB)
    Louis Farrakhan, Cardinal of COB
    Barbara C. Harris, Bishop of the first (COB)
    David Dinkins, First Minister of the (COB)
    Carol Mosely Braun,: Supreme Court(Ginsberg)
    Shirley Anita St. Hill Chisholm,Solicitor General
    Maynard Jackson, Mayor of DC
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I think that one is the "Star Spangled Banner". It's certainly harder to sing, with that range of octaves to cover. You know it was originally a drinking song, right? :)
    I know that tune was taken from a drinking song as is true of some very popular hymns. I just didn't know that every skin tone had their own anthem.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Well, this whole thing has blown up and exploded. The Looper is acting befuddled, the city council (or the vocal part of it) is furious, it's all over talk radio, and I expect it will get picked up by the national media.

    I was not even aware that there was a "black national anthem". The entire concept makes no sense unless you hail from Liberia.

    The smart money says that she wanted to get noticed so she could sing at the DNC next month.

    Really, with the technology we have these days, there is just no need for erratic live performers anymore.
    They all take advantage of their 'Moment in the Sun' to make some kind of statement .That ugly fat blimp RoseAnn Barr made a fool of herself by 'blowing' the song and grabbing her crotch when they booed her.
    You are correct.They should use some famous voice recorded to do the National Anthem to stop all of this political madness !
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Patent Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I know that tune was taken from a drinking song as is true of some very popular hymns. I just didn't know that every skin tone had their own anthem.
    Only people that have been enslaved
    ...well, people's whose ancesters have been enslaved
    ...by people of a different race
    ...well, not enslaved by people of a different race, but sold to people of a different race
    ...within the last couple hundred years
    ...but only if the enslavers comprise the majority of people in the country
    ...and by different race we really mean different color
    ...but the color difference has to be pretty drastic


    Ah, screw it, only blacks get a special national anthem.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Only people that have been enslaved
    ...well, people's whose ancesters have been enslaved
    ...by people of a different race
    ...well, not enslaved by people of a different race, but sold to people of a different race
    ...within the last couple hundred years
    ...but only if the enslavers comprise the majority of people in the country
    ...and by different race we really mean different color
    ...but the color difference has to be pretty drastic


    Ah, screw it, only blacks get a special national anthem.
    It's only 'fair' because we owe them !Their own tribes people in Africa sold them to the slave traders and they ended up in French territory in the Caribbean.The island of Hispaniola was divided between the French (on what is now Haiti) and the Spanish (on the current Dominican Republic).From there to French New Orleans and the Southern States of America .

    In 1762, France had ceded Louisiana to Spain, but by the secret Treaty of San Ildefonso (1800) the French had regained the area. Napoleon Bonaparte (the future Emperor Napoleon I) envisioned a great French empire in the New World, and he hoped to use the Mississippi Valley as a food and trade center to supply the island of Hispaniola, which was to be the heart of this empire. First, however, he had to restore French control of Hispaniola, where Haitian slaves under TOUSSAINT L'OUVERTURE had seized power .

    By a treaty signed on Apr. 30, 1803, the United States purchased from France the Louisiana Territory, more than 2 million sq km (800,000 sq mi) of land extending from the Mississippi River to the Rocky Mountains. The price was 60 million francs, about $15 million; $11,250,000 was to be paid directly, with the balance to be covered by the assumption by the United States of French debts to American citizens.
    The slaves were already there left by the French and Spanish settlers.

    !
    Last edited by megimoo; 07-02-2008 at 01:18 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    gator
    Guest
    These dumbass reparation morons don't understand that all Americans, including present day Blacks, benefited from slavery.

    Slavery is what took our country from being a second rate colony to being an exporting nation. It was the foundation of our wealth.

    All Blacks should get down on their knees and thank God their ancestors were slaves. Whites should get down on their knees and thank God that their ancestors had slaves.

    It is not politically correct to say it but I don't give a shit.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •