Thread: Serial Killer Loose in STL area caught!

1. #1 Serial Killer Loose in STL area caught! 
    Spree Killing Suspect in Custody

16 mins ago
    KSDK -- A 28-year-old Rock Falls, Illinois man believed to be connected to eight murders in Missouri and Illinois, was arrested Tuesday evening, the St. Louis Major Case Squad said. Nicholas Troy Sheley was arrested outside a bar in the 3700 block of Nameoki Road in Granite City, Illinois, according to Lieutenant Bill Baker, a spokesman for the major case squad.

Sheley is suspected in the murder of an elderly man in Whiteside, Illinois; the murder of Little Rock, Arkansas, couple Tom and Jill Estes in Festus, Missouri; the murder of Ronald Randall in Galesburg, Illinois; and the murder of three adults and one child in Rock Falls, Illinois, the FBI said. All eight victims were killed by blunt force trauma to the head
    Sheley is also wanted for home invasion in Sterling, Illinois, and on federal charges for unlawful flight to avoid prosecution. Authorities said he will be incarcerated on a $1 million bond.

NewsChannel 5 spoke with a Washington, Missouri man who police think not only talked to him, but lent Sheley his cell phone.
    The man said he and friends left the Cards-Mets game Monday night and went outside to tailgate.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story...49154&catid=40

This had the people in the St Louis area pretty on edge today. The guy was found in Granite City, Illinois, directly across the Mississippi River from St Louis. He allegedly killed two people in the small town of Festus, Missouri, south of the metro area.

The two visitors to St Louis were staying at a hotel near Festus. Their two little dogs were found, extremely bloody, running around. They found the couple blood covered, with a trail of blood.

There were alerts going around to keep the doors locked. I'm just glad that creep has been found. Can't believe he went to the Cards game last night. His picture was on constantly, so guess it was inevitable that he'd be caught. The FBI and the major case squad in the City of St Louiw were leading the investigation..

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post

16 mins ago
    KSDK -- A 28-year-old Rock Falls, Illinois man believed to be connected to eight murders in Missouri and Illinois, was arrested Tuesday evening, the St. Louis Major Case Squad said. Nicholas Troy Sheley was arrested outside a bar in the 3700 block of Nameoki Road in Granite City, Illinois, according to Lieutenant Bill Baker, a spokesman for the major case squad.

Sheley is suspected in the murder of an elderly man in Whiteside, Illinois; the murder of Little Rock, Arkansas, couple Tom and Jill Estes in Festus, Missouri; the murder of Ronald Randall in Galesburg, Illinois; and the murder of three adults and one child in Rock Falls, Illinois, the FBI said. All eight victims were killed by blunt force trauma to the head
    Sheley is also wanted for home invasion in Sterling, Illinois, and on federal charges for unlawful flight to avoid prosecution. Authorities said he will be incarcerated on a $1 million bond.

NewsChannel 5 spoke with a Washington, Missouri man who police think not only talked to him, but lent Sheley his cell phone.
    The man said he and friends left the Cards-Mets game Monday night and went outside to tailgate.

This had the people in the St Louis area pretty on edge today. The guy was found in Granite City, Illinois, directly across the Mississippi River from St Louis. He allegedly killed two people in the small town of Festus, Missouri, south of the metro area.

The two visitors to St Louis were staying at a hotel near Festus. Their two little dogs were found, extremely bloody, running around. They found the couple blood covered, with a trail of blood.

There were alerts going around to keep the doors locked. I'm just glad that creep has been found. Can't believe he went to the Cards game last night. His picture was on constantly, so guess it was inevitable that he'd be caught. The FBI and the major case squad in the City of St Louiw were leading the investigation..
    Sounds like he wanted to be caught !Some of those freaks love to prove that they are smarter than anyone else !

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Sounds like he wanted to be caught !Some of those freaks love to prove that they are smarter than anyone else !
    Think he was trying to thumb his nose at the cops. They had him all over Fox News all day. He probably was thrilled making the national news. One of the stations reported he had said that he had "more killing to do".

Admit that I was really careful that all the doors have been locked since yesterday. The car of one of his victims that he had stolen was found in St Louis. The Onstar tracked down the car.

Admit that I was really careful that all the doors have been locked since yesterday. The car of one of his victims that he had stolen was found in St Louis. The Onstar tracked down the car.
    Is it paranoia or just good situational awareness? I'm always situationally aware. I can have 4 beers at a BBQ and still hear a coon messing around with a garbage can at o'dark thirty. I always lock everything and look into my car (and underneath).

16 mins ago

I was just reading about those poor people being murdered in Festus today. Strangely, it was near a place I had often did business with.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    I was just reading about those poor people being murdered in Festus today. Strangely, it was near a place I had often did business with.
    It's a weird feeling having a serial killer wandering around in the community. Read today that the folks in the Granite City bar, where he was caught, were the ones who spotted him and called the cops. His bad luck was "Bindy's" bar was a cop bar. Of all the place for the loser to pick, it was his worst nightmare.

There's a truly special place in hell for someone like him. Among the 8 whose heads he smashed were a 93 year old and a 2 year old. :mad:

There's a truly special place in hell for someone like him. Among the 8 whose heads he smashed were a 93 year old and a 2 year old. :mad:
    Ditto.

But I also think when it comes time to cook this asshole, there will be a bunch of Moonbats outside screaming " LET HIM LIVE!"
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    Ditto.

But I also think when it comes time to cook this asshole, there will be a bunch of Moonbats outside screaming " LET HIM LIVE!"
    I'm more concerned about his being caught in Illinois than in Missouri. It was smart of him to cross that bridge. The libs are more in charge in Illinois.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    I'm more concerned about his being caught in Illinois than in Missouri. It was smart of him to cross that bridge. The libs are more in charge in Illinois.
    Tell Sara you want a BullDog .44 with GLASER SAFETY SLUGS 44 MAG SILVER 1600 FPS with a week training at the local police range and a full body flack vest in case he comes home some night late !!

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Tell Sara you want a BullDog .44 with GLASER SAFETY SLUGS 44 MAG SILVER 1600 FPS with a week training at the local police range and a full body flack vest in case he comes home some night late !!
    I probably need that on my job. My accounts (I'm in sales) aren't in the greytest parts of the City of St. Louis. Sometimes I don't know if I'm more frightened outside or inside the buildings. :eek: I have the true garden spots of town----the police and fire stations in the worst parts of the city, the morgue, the various governmental agencies, the courts, the jail, where the "clients" of these governmental offices hang around after being released or else waiting for their parole officers. They're some scary folks. But I can't carry and go into those governmental buildings, so just have to depend on what Ginger called "good situational awareness."