1. #1 Repugs Say: If you Go after Bush Cheney..We will get Obama On War Crimes in Afghanist 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x5534077

KoKo
    Repugs Say: If you Go after Bush Cheney..We will get Obama On War Crimes in Afghanistan!
    Edited on Sat Apr-25-09 06:49 PM by KoKo
    COME ON AFTER US...WE WILL GET YOU for DRONE KILLING OF INNOCENT WOMEN AND CHILDREN!

On that Friday Scarborough Show. Joe said " If they come after us on Torture ...we will get Obama onDrones that killed Women and Children in Afghanistan.

It was a shot across the bow and a threat from Repugs whining over Bush/Cheney Prosecutions to let us know that IF we GO AFTER Bush/Cheney...they will make our lives miserable.

It's taken me awhile to post this. I hope other DU'ers saw this threat from Repug Spokesperson "Joe, Scar" that most of us dislike. But, what's important is that he's the voice of the RW on Cable MSNBC and if he says "If you come after us...we will Go After You...."

How can we who voted Obama IN to end both Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq deal with this threat. Or, should we.

Isn't Obama doing exactly what he said in going to find Osama in Afghanistan? (Most of us on the Left know Osama is dead...but we do believe that there are terrorists who follow what Osama did...but we don't think it's as organized as what our Government has told us.

Should we care if Obama is sanctioning "Drones" targeting and killing women and children...even if they are innocent (married to Taliban and Terrorists)?

If Obama uses "Drones" to do "sterilized killing" does he not have to answer to the same "International Laws Against Crimes against Humanity that Bush/Cheney, need to?

It surely must be a moral compromise for our Dems who were elected to stop these WARS.

I don't know. I go back and forth...trying to parse out an answer to the morality of using "unmanned vehicles" instead of Blackwater or US Fire Power to kill innocents ...just because some intelligence says that there's a "cell of women and children" tied by relatives to the Taliban and so we must "WIPE THEM OUT" by some young recruit in Military over in Tampa hitting a Video Game type "Button" to wipe out folks very far away by an "Unmanned/Unnamed Drone" who does the dirty work...without human involvement...except the person who "pushed the button."

Dark Stuff... Stuff that goes into your soul and makes you wonder who you are to pay taxes to support "robot drones" killing instead of people who may or may not have some sort of conscience or moral compass.

Sad Times...
    Yes, there is such a thing as "precedent", and it may not be the use of "drones" but it could be any number of things. If Obama's in office for 4 years there will be any number of things that would stick.
    NYC_SKP (1000+ posts) Sat Apr-25-09 06:46 PM
    Response to Original message
    2. "Obama is sanctioning "Drones" targeting and killing women and children"
    Show me.

Prove it.

Please provide a reliable link to, "Obama is sanctioning "Drones" targeting and killing women and children."
    If I stick my fingers in my ears and shout "la la la la, I can't hear you", then I can pretend it's not true.//DUmmie
    NYC_SKP (1000+ posts) Sat Apr-25-09 07:18 PM
    Response to Reply #11
    18. I did exactly that.
    And, not surprisingly, discovered that only RW idiots and LW drama queens ever wrote anything close to that.

What is clear is that drones are being used.

Also, that innocent civilians are being killed by these drones.

But creating a new non-fact like, "Obama sanctions TARGETING women and children with drones" or whatever it is in the OP, is just BS.

Words matter.

Making shit up is shit-stirring, plain and simple.
    Kind of like "Bush lied, people died?" See we've learned from the best.
    CTyankee (1000+ posts) Sat Apr-25-09 06:55 PM
    4. We firebombed innocent civilians in Dresden Germany in WW2, perhaps to terrorize and demoralize
    Edited on Sat Apr-25-09 06:56 PM by CTyankee
    Nazi Germany. Before dropping the atomic bombs, we fire bombed Japanese cities as well. Nothing like jellied gasoline to make a house made of wood and paper go up in flames real fast.

We hammered the hell out of Berlin in the last days of the war. Much of Germany lay in ruins.

And yet, that was a "good war."
    Yes, the rules are achanging. What a surprise!!!
    Uben (1000+ posts) Sat Apr-25-09 06:56 PM
    5. They have nothing......
    ....they are scared shitless! The republican party is on the brink of collapse. Their already tarnished image from the Bush years is hanging by a thread. Torture convictions of the leaders of their party would surely send followers running for the hills. So, let's prosecute every last one of them involved to the fullest extent of the law!
    Keep believing that please.
    pacalo (1000+ posts) Sat Apr-25-09 07:00 PM
    9. Providing they have something to "get" him on, aren't they forgetting that
    their membership numbers in Congress have reached the "pitiful" level? Where are they going to get the vote support that's needed to "get" him?

It's a moot scenario, considering that Obama has outlawed Bush's methods.
    You would think they'd know better by now. They just can't understand the "law of unintended consequences" though they've had plenty of experience with it.
    Gman (1000+ posts) Sat Apr-25-09 07:16 PM
    16. That is absolutely ridiculous on its face. It's absurd, ludicrous.
    What you're seeing is rats in a complete uninhibited panic. The torture issue and the prospect that many of them could be in prison very soon has got them in a complete panic to the point that they're ranting about irrational retaliation and deal cutting.

Don't try to make sense out of the ravings of those who will do or scream anything to keep from going to prison
    Last edited by Carol; 04-25-2009 at 08:32 PM.

please delete
    Last edited by Carol; 04-25-2009 at 08:43 PM.

dddd
    Last edited by Carol; 04-25-2009 at 08:39 PM.

Moonbats finding out its not fun being in charge after eight years of bitching :D
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.