1. #1 Denmark to use pictures on cigarette packs 
    Denmark to use pictures on cigarette packs

COPENHAGEN, Denmark, April 24 (UPI) -- The Danish Health Ministry plans to add pictures of the effects of smoking to cigarette packs, including images of smoke-blackened lungs and bodies in morgues.

Health Minister Jakob Axel Neilsen told the Metro Xpress newspaper he expects the photographic warnings to be added as part of a national health plan based on prevention to be put into effect next fall.

The proposal has the backing of the government and the major opposition party, although the Health Ministry has the authority to put it into effect. The Prevention Commission recommended using pictures, based on a Canadian study that showed they are more effective than written warnings.

Link
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Power CUer
    Good luck with that. Everyone in Denmark over about the age of five is a smoker. I've never seen such intensity of smoking per capita as I did in Copenhagen. :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

What about cigarettes loaded with dynomite caps?

After the first drag, they'll never smoke again ... or kiss ... or whistle ... or talk ...

Nanny state never gives up
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Take some of the blackened lungs dry them, grind them and add them to the cigarettes. List them as an ingredient on the label. Recycling

Take some of the blackened lungs dry them, grind them and add them to the cigarettes. List them as an ingredient on the label. Recycling
    What about cigarettes loaded with dynomite caps?

After the first drag, they'll never smoke again ... or kiss ... or whistle ... or talk ...
    I'm an ex-smoker and I thought I was rough on smoking. Jeez! :eek:
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Ha! I just watched Thank you for Smoking. It is a hilarious movie. It pretty much revolves around this concept. Too funny.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Ha! I just watched Thank you for Smoking. It is a hilarious movie. It pretty much revolves around this concept. Too funny.
    You ever see Cold Turkey with Dick Van Dyke from the 70's? It's hard to describe the scene with the little dog without sounding like a future serial killer, but it sure was funny.
    Last edited by AlmostThere; 04-30-2009 at 11:45 PM.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    I'm an ex-smoker and I thought I was rough on smoking. Jeez! :eek:
    You no how it is with us people who quit smoking. We get all self rightous and anti smoking nazi about it. If i could still get away with it I'd be smoking. I enjoyed it.I haven't smoked now in 21 years

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    You ever see Cold Turkey with Dick Van Dyke from the 70's? It's hard to describe the scene with the little dog without sounding like a future serial killer. But it sure was funny
    That movie was VERY funny. Some of it is dated, but it's still funny, and the cast is tremendous.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken