Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I say hold a lottery. Think of how much of the deficit the Gov could erase that way.
    "I'd buy that for a dollar."
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

I don't think that we'd even wait for him to say that before the jumper cables and car battery had been brought into the room.
    correct answer

Quote Originally Posted by ReaganForRus View Post
    Hypothetical to the room............We capture UBL, we have him in a secure, safe location located here in the United States. He sits calmly and tells his "hosts" of a pending attack on the United States of America in which nuclear weapons will be used and it's more than one city, but less than ten cities.........what would you do?
    Simple...I'd get the info from OBL BY WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Simple...I'd get the info from OBL BY WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY.
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!! someone gets it!!!!!!!

We are at war....we are fighting for very existence (militarily, socially. politically. and economically) and people are worried about how people perceive us internationally. Guess what? Terrorists don't hate us because we have waterboarded them.....they hate us because we support the tyrannical leadership in Saudi Arabia and Egypt, and our unwaviering support of Israel......that is why they hate us.

I fear thousands of Americans will be dead because of this President's policies.

I pray for the United States of America and our people.

Yeah... sure. In the AF just about every aircrew or intel job requires surival training. Especially the interrogation resistance part.

Now I haven't gone through it personally, but I've talked to a lot of people who have. Everyone I've spoken to has told me that they broke during the training. And this was just doing the standard stuff. Sleep deprivation, things like that. No water boarding was involved, no torture, etc...

Jihad Sammy would not keep his mouth shut if we wanted to make him talk.
    Back in the Dark Ages when I went through Basic Training, we went into a closed room and had to remove our gas masks, then give name and SSN before we were allowed to leave. If we bolted before being released we started all over. This was done to give us faith in our gas masks. OK????

It obviously wasn't a lethal gas, but it was damn unpleasant. If they can give this training to every 17 and 18 year old kid going through Basic, why exactly is it torture to waterboard, deprive sleep, or any of the other damn unpleasant things they do to terrorists?

Since the end of WWII, it seems our political leaders have been afraid to win a war. Calling these measures torture strikes me as an extension of that fear.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    Back in the Dark Ages when I went through Basic Training, we went into a closed room and had to remove our gas masks, then give name and SSN before we were allowed to leave. If we bolted before being released we started all over. This was done to give us faith in our gas masks. OK????

It obviously wasn't a lethal gas, but it was damn unpleasant. If they can give this training to every 17 and 18 year old kid going through Basic, why exactly is it torture to waterboard, deprive sleep, or any of the other damn unpleasant things they do to terrorists?

Since the end of WWII, it seems our political leaders have been afraid to win a war. Calling these measures torture strikes me as an extension of that fear.
    That gas would damn sure clear out your sinuses though.:D;)
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

They should consider the question of "Would torture be acceptable if it prevented seeing your loved ones on video tape having their heads sawed off?" I would love to see their answers to that.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    They should consider the question of "Would torture be acceptable if it prevented seeing your loved ones on video tape having their heads sawed off?" I would love to see their answers to that.
    You mean like Nick Berg?..........We have forgotten what happened September 11, 2001. I guess it is the price we paid for Bush doing his job:(

Quote Originally Posted by ReaganForRus View Post
    You mean like Nick Berg?..........We have forgotten what happened September 11, 2001. I guess it is the price we paid for Bush doing his job:(
    Libs find it easy to criticize information gathering because they look at it from the eyes of the prisoner and rarely through the eyes of someone who has lost a loved one because America didn't do its due diligence where information is concerned. I find the thought of torture abhorrent but I find the thought of Americans being killed when it could have been avoided even more stomach turning. I biased towards American lives. Do I think that be cause they are Americans they have more value? No I don't, but on that same note I would rather see an enemy killed than an American.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I love it. If you are a good shot on the battlefield and kill the enemy, you get a commendation. If you're a bad shot and only capture the enemy and subsequently pour water in your enemy's face, you're accused of torture.

The obvious lesson is not to miss your target on the battlefield. Kill the bastard and take the commendation.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.