Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Power CUer
    The "magic nergo" as you call him (I don't even know what a "nergo" is), should get used to it. When I was a kid, all the networks stopped to carry presidential news conferences - all THREE of them. Now, you can go to any number of news channels to get the coverage, if you want.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    I understand that and an fair administration would not try to pay fox back but the magic nergo's is anything but fair. Being the chosen one, he will not be pleased his voice is not reaching everyones ears. :D
    He'd be entering dangerous ground by doing this. There is already a precedent for the network to refuse it, with no actions taken. If he where to take any actions, then it would be even more fodder for the Right to attack him with. After the NYC thing yesterday, I doubt he needs another "mistake" highlighted anytime soon.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    The "magic nergo" as you call him (I don't even know what a "nergo" is), should get used to it. When I was a kid, all the networks stopped to carry presidential news conferences - all THREE of them. Now, you can go to any number of news channels to get the coverage, if you want.

Its a typo go look up the term in the dictionary. :)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    He'd be entering dangerous ground by doing this. There is already a precedent for the network to refuse it, with no actions taken. If he where to take any actions, then it would be even more fodder for the Right to attack him with. After the NYC thing yesterday, I doubt he needs another "mistake" highlighted anytime soon.
    I see your point but I can picture the administration banking it away.

I'm surprised this hasn't happened more often. It seems like a bit of overkill with all the cable and over the air channels that do show it. Does it really need to be on 10 or so channels at the same time?
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    I see your point but I can picture the administration banking it away.
    Eh, they all do. Think the NYTimes was the Bush administration's favorite news venue? They all have media they prefer to talk to over others. Tempest. Teapot.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Eh, they all do. Think the NYTimes was the Bush administration's favorite news venue? They all have media they prefer to talk to over others. Tempest. Teapot.
    I don't recall the Bush administration denying NY Times reporters access, or tossing them off of Air Force One (although I'd have love to have seen them do it, especially at 20,000 feet :D). This administration is much more likely to indulge its vengeful side.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I don't recall the Bush administration denying NY Times reporters access, or tossing them off of Air Force One (although I'd have love to have seen them do it, especially at 20,000 feet :D). This administration is much more likely to indulge its vengeful side.

No, they just called a reporter an "asshole" on an open mike. :) If this administration is "vengeful", there's a conservative press to call them on it. Really, let's focus the paranoia on the important stuff.

No, they just called a reporter an "asshole" on an open mike. :) If this administration is "vengeful", there's a conservative press to call them on it. Really, let's focus the paranoia on the important stuff.
    I submit that the reporter in question was properly characterized, but notice that he was not excluded from the press conference, despite the president's perceptive observation. As for the conservative press, while FOXNews has roughly the same ratings as CNN, HN and MSNBC combined, when you throw in the major networks and the vast majority of newspapers and news weeklies, the majority of Americans will never hear about most of the things that you and I are dialed into.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Banned
    Well Bush could give a rat fucks for NYT, it was and is a failing newspaper. Fox on the other hand is the biggest thing since sliced bread. I hope he does something like trying to lock them out.