1. #1 Understanding Your Software 
    Power CUer
    Try to stay one step ahead of it, at least.

Christian Site's Ban on 'G' Word Sends Homosexual to Olympics

The American Family Association obviously didn't foresee the problems that might arise with its strict policy to always replace the word "gay" with "homosexual" on the Web site of its Christian news outlet, OneNewsNow. The group's automated system for changing the forbidden word wound up publishing a story about a world-class sprinter named "Tyson Homosexual" who qualified this week for the Beijing Olympics.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/sleut...=news-col-blog

It's interesting that they take news stories, post them on their site, and make editorial changes without any indication they have done so. It's only when they get caught by something ridiculous like this, that it draws attention.

It was certainly stupid not to proof the copy before it was uploaded, I grant you that.

The idea of replacing "gay" with "homosexual" doesn't bother me, though. If people insist on labeling their sexual inclinations (and I wish they didn't), they might as well be as straightforward and clinical as possible to avoid any confusion. That way Lesbians could go back to being residents of Lesbos and gay could return to its fine usage as a positive and lighthearted descriptor. :D