#1 20 Great Moments from Obama's First 100 Days!04-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Haha, a good list of the 0's accomplishments! Or screw-ups!
In no particular order:
20) In another historic first, Obama has opened up the possibility that members of the party out-of-power now may be arrested and thrown in jail over political disagreements -- in this case, over the legality of waterboarding, making terrorists tired, and making them swleeeeeepy!
Granted, policies of that sort have consistently led to retaliatory arrests, bloodshed, and even revolution in other countries, but since Obama is repeating many of FDR's failed plans, the fact that these schemes have led to disaster since before even the days of the Roman Empire probably isn't going to phase him.
19) In another great moment for the presidency, Barack Obama publicly referred to his own country as "arrogant" while he was in Strasbourg, Germany. Jeremiah Wright must be so proud!
18) In what appeared to be an effort to undercut the nationwide anti-tax Tea Parties that occurred on April 15th, Janet Napolitano released a report that encouraged law enforcement agencies to be wary of military veterans and,
Right-wing extremists as 'groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration,' and includes those 'rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority.'
Make no mistake about it: if the Founding Fathers were alive today, every one of them would be on the Department of Homeland Security "right wing extremist" watch list.
17) The only thing more startling than finding out that there were banks that want to give back hundreds of millions of dollars worth of taxpayer money was being told that Barack Obama’s administration was refusing to let them give the money back so he could retain control over the banks.
16) After rebuking freedom-loving Venezuelans by shaking hands with their thuggish dictator for life, Hugo Chavez, Barack Obama accepted an anti-American book that Chavez gave him as a gift. A President who loved the country he led would have been insulted. Obama probably just thought, "At least he didn't get me a bunch of DVDs that won't work in my DVR."
15) Under Obama's hear-no-evil, see-no-evil leadership, people around the world are for the first time wondering: which group of radical Islamists who want to kill millions of Americans will get their hands on nukes first? Will it be the Ayatollahs in Iran or Al Qaeda and the Taliban -- who, emboldened by Obama's weakness, have begun trying to take over Pakistan in earnest.
14) In a move that has typically only been seen in banana republics run by tinpot Castro wannabes, Barack Obama became super-CEO of General Motors by firing the CEO and most of the board, while dictating how they were going to run their company in the future. It would be far more comforting if Obama had, say, as much business experience as an assistant manager at Burger King, since he's now running one of the world's largest companies.
13) After ferociously attacking earmarks during the campaign, Barack Obama signed a budget with over 8,000 earmarks in it. However, it was Obama's calls for earmark reform on the very same day he signed a bill larded up with a staggering number of pork projects that showed the sort of utter shamelessness that makes him stand out in the sea of con men, hustlers, and flim-flam artists on Capitol Hill.
12) Despite the fact that Obama went to an anti-white church, he ran on racial reconciliation. Therefore, it was a wee bit of surprise when his attorney general, Eric Holder, described America as a, "nation of cowards." Perhaps Holder lost his bearings for a minute, thought he was overseas, and figured that would be an applause line. That's certainly a tactic his boss uses on a regular basis.
11) Once again, Obama made history -- not by breaking his campaign promise that no one making under 250k a year would have to pay new taxes, but by proposing the largest tax increase in the history of the world with his cap and trade plan. The cost per family of Obama's tax increase? $3,900 per household.
10) In a stunning display of haphazard incompetence that quickly came to define Obama's scattershot approach to foreign affairs, Barack Obama gave Gordon Brown, the British Prime Minister, 25 DVDs that wouldn't even play in a British DVD player. Tragically, that probably meant the British head of state wasn't able to unwind after a hard day's work by watching Psycho -- which, yes, really was one of the movies Obama gave him.
: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|