1. #1 Sean Penn: Beyond Parody 
    Several days ago, Sean Penn wrote a column for the Huffington Post which was so astonishingly inept in its language and reasoning that it renders any parody redundant. To my knowledge, no one at Huffington Post has complained of Karl Rove hiring hackers, web pranksters or any other technical scamming which might have rendered Penn's commentary incomprehensible, nor has Penn publicly complained that his column was rewritten by semi-literate preschoolers who may or may not have been high on a combination of drugs, solvents or other mind altering substances. Given that there has been no outcry from Penn, his entourage or the Huffington Post, it can only be assumed that these are, in fact, Penn's own words, as he wrote them, without the excuse (or, given the commentary, benefit) of sabotage. It is presented here in its entirety. Neither I nor any of the mods takes any responsibility for cerebral hemorages, strokes or any other physical reactions arising from reading this drivel.

Once again the simple-minded media and its pundits are confused about the nature of Americanism and language. When President Obama today inferred consideration of holding former administration officials accountable to law, he was immediately accused of violating his belief that we should "look forward." Had President Ford "looked forward" in his decision as to whether or not to hold Nixon accountable, he perhaps would have seen the Bush administration abuse of power coming and chosen to be genuinely tough on crime -- you know, "tough on crime" -- sending Nixon to jail and deterring this recent avalanche of abuse.

Further, the criticisms of President Obama's warm greeting toward President Chavez of Venezuela have been the posturing of our nation's most bitter and humanly impotent voices. Why is anyone listening to former Vice President Cheney? He's the one person alive proven wrong on virtually every topic. Then there's Newt Gingrich, who commented on the Chavez greeting as being approached wrong. He suggested that the meeting itself may not be improper, but that it should have been handled with a cold demeanor. This is a pattern of bad acting advice from bad actors. (All wimps think playing a tough guy is done in one-note coldness.) With a friend, or an enemy, our president will gain greater strategic position with a smile.

I know President Chavez well. Whether or not one agrees with all his policies, what is certainly true of Chavez is that he is a warm and friendly man with a robust sense of humor (who daily risks his own life for his country in ways Dick Cheney could never imagine). To treat such a man coldly is akin to spitting on him. As a country we've done enough of that. Say what you will, but it has only resulted in the self-celebration of our smirking spitters, while costing us international respect, American lives, and left wounds in the hands of our children's future. The Cheneys, down to the O'Reillys and Hannitys and Limbaughs, effectively hate the principles upon which we were founded. They are among the greatest cowards in all of American history. I applaud an American President who's tough enough...to smile.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

If he would have said 'dude' a couple of times and then at the end said that he was winging it over to London to jam with the Stones, I would have thought Spicolli had written it.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Why is anyone listening to former Vice President Cheney? He's the one person alive proven wrong on virtually every topic.
    Proven wrong by WHO? Such "brilliant" individuals like Rosie O'Donnell, Mikey Mooron and Cindy Sheehan? When your measuring standards are so awfully SUBstandard, it's easy to see how a dimwit like Sean can make such a ridiculous judgement.
    Nothing says "idiot inside" better than an Obama/Biden bumper sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    If he would have said 'dude' a couple of times and then at the end said that he was winging it over to London to jam with the Stones, I would have thought Spicolli had written it.
    He did. Imagine Jeff Spicoli, as a forty-something former stoner who barely made it through high school and who now thinks that his incoherent rants contain profound truths and you have Sean Penn.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!