1. #1 Ipod-ish tech question...help! 
    The Brat got (not an ipod) but the Philips GoGear music/vid player from his dad...AND I need help with this. I got it set up for him and I need helpful advice on where are "safe" websites to download music for him. Free downloads would be nice but I know that may not be the case. And I want to avoid those seedy file-sharing websites that are dangerous ways for hackers to get into your system (yes, we have spyware installed and running).

Help is appreciated, all you techno-geeks out there...:D
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

You might start here.

I don't do this myself but Kim's website is reliable and safe and her advice is always very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    You might start here.

I don't do this myself but Kim's website is reliable and safe and her advice is always very good.
    I should've thought of her site, actually. I listen to her show on the weekends on one of the AM channels here locally if I am in the car to or from work and always learn something new. I had her site bookmarked already. Thanks, GS!
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

I went to the site and while it linked me to a bunch of technical stuff, there REAL good stuff is for premium members only. I did find out though that Yahoo Music has stuff, but of course it isn't free. Still checking it out... Come on, people...help me out!

The big Cheese
    Mininova.org is what I use for music and vids.
    All torrent and they dont allow any pron or other sick shit in their network.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

The big Cheese
    to use mininova you will need a bit torrent program.

I use bitcomet for mine.

Just google it and it should be the first list.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    to use mininova you will need a bit torrent program.

I use bitcomet for mine.

Just google it and it should be the first list.
    Yeah, I just found that out...geezus, this is all friggin' greek to me. Bit torrent? WTF... Thanks, Zaf! :D

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    Yeah, I just found that out...geezus, this is all friggin' greek to me. Bit torrent? WTF... Thanks, Zaf! :D
    Your welcome. :)

The big Cheese
    well update me bud, did it work?

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    Geeks to the left of me Geeks to the right .Here I am in the middle with you !Welcome to the new techie world Dark Scribe and get with the program !

BitTorrent:
    BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer file sharing (P2P) communications protocol. BitTorrent is a method of distributing large amounts of data widely without the original distributor incurring the entire costs of hardware, hosting, and bandwidth resources. Instead, when data is distributed using the BitTorrent protocol, each recipient supplies pieces of the data to newer recipients, reducing the cost and burden on any given individual source, providing redundancy against system problems, and reducing dependence on the original distributor.