Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Intelligence Warns Israel is now an ‘Obstacle to Obama' 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Report: Intelligence Warns Israel is now an ‘Obstacle to Obama'

According to a classified intelligence assessment handed to Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, U.S. President Barack Obama and his senior advisors wish to “incrementally diminish U.S. strategic cooperation with Israel.”

A report in World Tribune quoted an Israeli source familiar with the intelligence assessment who said that "Obama wants to make friends with our worst enemies and [those who were] until now the worst enemies of the United States. Under this policy,” the source added, “we are more than irrelevant. We have become an obstacle.”

According to the report, which has not been corroborated by news sources other than World Tribune, Israeli sources said the U.S. Administration would reject Israel’s intelligence opinions on Iran and Syria while advancing the Obama plan to reconcile with the two states, although both were listed as state sponsors of terrorism by the U.S. State Department.

The Israeli intelligence document reportedly predicted that Obama would maintain his policy of appeasing Iran and Syria through 2010. It determined that Obama is convinced that appeasing Iran and Syria would make a U.S. withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan possible.

Pressure on Israel

"Obama will want to show Iran, Syria and radical Muslims that the United States could pressure Israel on a strategic level," the source said. "The pressure has already begun and will intensify throughout the next year or two."

At the same time, the intelligence officials estimated that Obama would restrict U.S. arms exports to Israel in an effort to deny it systems that it could use in a raid on Iran or Syria. The intelligence sources said this policy was begun during the last year of the Bush administration and predicted that it would intensify under Obama.

Carter: US and Syria Close to Full Relations

Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter said on Tuesday that the U.S. and Syria are close to restoring full diplomatic ties. "Syrian President Bashar Assad is very eager to restore full ties with Washington," Carter told Haaretz. "I wouldn't be surprised if it happens this year," he added, speaking on the phone from Quito, Ecuador, at the start of a four-nation South American trip.

Carter plans to meet Assad in Syria in early June.

Meanwhile, Syrian President Bashar Assad said Tuesday that Obama would face “a serious crisis in the Middle East” if he does not fix the mistakes made by his predecessor George W. Bush, within a year’s time.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/131107

And a large percentage of jews voted for Obama. I even noticed a lot of support for him in israel's newspapers before the election.

I'm just amazed at all the classified intelligence the Israelis manage to get, even about our government. I don't know if this is true or not, but it has become obvious that they have spies within our government, spies who have influence over members of both parties.

For the record, I'm rather neutral on Israel. I support them when they are in the right, but I am primarily an american, and never support putting their interests before our own.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm just amazed at all the classified intelligence the Israelis manage to get, even about our government. I don't know if this is true or not, but it has become obvious that they have spies within our government, spies who have influence over members of both parties.
    Or it could be from reading newspapers, watching the news channels and from the actions of this administration. Just saying.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Or it could be from reading newspapers, watching the news channels and from the actions of this administration. Just saying.
    Perlosi's a big fan of Israel and don't forget Rahm Emanuel Was IDF !

Israel doesn't need spies in America. They can just read the New York Tmes.

Banned

For the record, I'm rather neutral on Israel. I support them when they are in the right, but I am primarily an american, and never support putting their interests before our own.
    Did it ever cross your pea brain that Obama and his band of loons would flat out tell Israel what their plans are or leak the information by accident on purpose.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 05-03-2009 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfor View Post
    Israel doesn't need spies in America. They can just read the New York Tmes.

If they don't need them, why do they keep sending them? I forgot the guy's name (Archer?), but the infamous spy case from the 90s involved Israeli intelligence spying on the Reagan administration, which was about as pro-Israel as american administrations can get. There was the recent case in which DHS caught an Israeli spy shaking down a democratic congresswoman for information.

Banned
    If they don't need them, why do they keep sending them? I forgot the guy's name (Archer?), but the infamous spy case from the 90s involved Israeli intelligence spying on the Reagan administration, which was about as pro-Israel as american administrations can get. There was the recent case in which DHS caught an Israeli spy shaking down a democratic congresswoman for information.
    We have spies in many countries in the world and foreign countries do likewise to us. However, we do have government employees that leak out classified information. Democ. and Repubs Admin. have done it in the past. Nothing new in how this story appeared. What is new is the Obama Admin. sucking up to our enemies.

Something for Obama's people to mull over

Gen 12:1 The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.
    Gen 12:2 "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.
    Gen 12:3 I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis