1. #1 Australia orders probe into mouse plague 
    Australia orders probe into mouse plague

Apr 30 11:38 PM US/Eastern
    Comments (36) Share on Facebook

Australia ordered an investigation into a nursing home where elderly and be...

Swarming Plague of Mice Gnaws on Elderly Australian Nursing Home Patients

Australia ordered an investigation into a nursing home where elderly and bed-ridden residents were gnawed by a swarming plague of mice.

An 89-year-old war veteran was found bleeding from bites to his ears, neck, head and hands after being attacked by the mice as he lay in bed at the facility in the northeastern state of Queensland.

The old man was so distressed that doctors had to sedate him with morphine, said Ray Hopper, the local member of parliament.

"The top of his ears were severely chewed and he had bites to his head and neck," Hopper told the Australian Associated Press.

"His hands were covered in blood because he was trying to get the mice off him. We are talking about a health facility overrun by vermin. It's atrocious," he added.

Ageing Minister Justine Elliot said she understood there had been a second attack, and had asked accreditation authorities to investigate the staff response to the rodent plague.

"My immediate concern remains for the health, safety and well-being of residents living in the home," Elliot said in a statement.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

The pestilence has started.

"My immediate concern remains for the health, safety and well-being of residents living in the home," Elliot said in a statement.
    I hope that is the case.

Queensland Health spokesman Stewart Gordon said authorities were doing everything in their power to get rid of the mice, including boosting nursing staff numbers and increasing cleaning staff.
    I would think that nursing homes are inspected with some frequency by the government, but maybe not. I am not sure how boosting the nursing numbers will control the rodent population, I hope that the directors of these facilities have called in rodent control experts to get rid of the vermin. That it went this far is unconscionable by anyone's standards.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Quote Originally Posted by tacitus View Post
    I hope that is the case.

I would think that nursing homes are inspected with some frequency by the government, but maybe not. I am not sure how boosting the nursing numbers will control the rodent population, I hope that the directors of these facilities have called in rodent control experts to get rid of the vermin. That it went this far is unconscionable by anyone's standards.
    The unborn and the old are the most neglected in society.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The unborn and the old are the most neglected in society.
    Not in all cases. This appears to be an extreme case of neglect by those in charge that should know better. I wonder what their children, if any, think about the conditions when they visit.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Quote Originally Posted by tacitus View Post
    Not in all cases. This appears to be an extreme case of neglect by those in charge that should know better. I wonder what their children, if any, think about the conditions when they visit.
    I don't think it is quite as easy to sue over there. This would be one well deserved lawsuit.