Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The big Cheese
    I love the quotes from long before he had his surgery and was prescribed those pain killers that started him on his journey down that dark path of addiction.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Should I keep going?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

The big Cheese
    Can someone tell me how being addicted to prescribed pain killers is the same as a person going to buy crack and smoke it through a peice of metal pipe and brillo pad stuffed in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    I love the quotes from long before he had his surgery and was prescribed those pain killers that started him on his journey down that dark path of addiction.
    Oh, I see - so we should only define him by Mr. Limbaugh’s ‘New Testament’?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

so where exactly is the hypocrisy, drugs are a social ill. I've been a drug addict. I rose above it and didn't expect anyone to help me out. I didn't blame any groups. I didn't say well I'm gonna get wasted so it should be legal, and I sure as hell didn't rob or steal to get my dope.What he said then is true now and liberal scumbags and Libertarians alike fail to see that.

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Should I keep going?
    Please do because you havent proven your point yet.

Patent Member
    We're going to let you destroy your life. We're going to make it easy and then all of us who accept the responsibilities of life and don't destroy our lives on drugs, we'll pay for whatever messes you get into."
    -- Rush Limbaugh show, Dec. 9, 1993
    Lets see, first of all, that is from Rush's television show.

"I'm appalled at people who simply want to look at all this abhorrent behavior and say people are going to do drugs anyway let's legalize it. It's a dumb idea. It's a rotten idea and those who are for it are purely 100 percent selfish."
    -- Rush Limbaugh show, Dec 9, 1993
    Also from TV show.

It seems that you are having a difficult time following directions. Obviously you're lying about this and taking cues from MediaMatters and FAIR that Rush Limbaugh is a hypocrit on the drug issue.

That's fine, I wouldn't expect independent thought from an Obama supporter anyway. After all, only Hope and Change matter, right? Coherent sentences and rational thought are at the bottom of the list.

More specifically, note that the quotes you've cited are discussing permissive attitudes of liberals towards recreational drug use and the lack of people taking responsibility for their actions. The fact is that Rush Limbaugh became addicted to prescription drugs after using them for pain. Furthermore, Rush stood up like a man, something you'll never be able to bring yourself to do, and took responsibility for his actions. He didn't get arrested and cry that he should get a lenient sentence. He actively decided to seek rehab and recover from his addiction.

It takes a bigger man to stand up and admit when he is wrong than to cry that he is a victim and owed something by society. I respect Rush because recognized he had a problem and sought to fix it.

Too bad you can't do the same thing and admit that you're an Obamaniac and own up to your deficiency (well, at least this one, we can work on the others later).

Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    Please do because you havent proven your point yet.
    So Jimmy Swagart wasn’t a hypocrite before he was outed as a sexual pervert?

How is Limbaugh any different?

Suffering is part of the human condition. Whether it’s on the corner selling your ass for crack or sending your servant out for pick-ups of fraudulent prescriptions, or shooting up to hit a baseball 435 feet.

Mr. Limbaugh’s fault is not in becoming addicted to the substances - it is not apologising for all the comments he’s made over the years about people that were less than him - addicted to not-so-stylish street shit.

Hypocrisy - it’s what’s for dinner.

The big Cheese
    So Jimmy Swagart wasn’t a hypocrite before he was outed as a sexual pervert?

How is Limbaugh any different?

Suffering is part of the human condition. Whether it’s on the corner selling your ass for crack or sending your servant out for pick-ups of fraudulent prescriptions, or shooting up to hit a baseball 435 feet.

Mr. Limbaugh’s fault is not in becoming addicted to the substances - it is not apologising for all the comments he’s made over the years about people that were less than him - addicted to not-so-stylish street shit.

Hypocrisy - it’s what’s for dinner.
    Who brought up Swagart? I didnt.
    You didnt prove your arguement with this post. Just tried to move the goal posts.

Just like a good liberal does.

WOW. LP, your sort of a glass half full so shut up or I'll change the subject and smash you in the face with my glass kinda guy. So succumbing to human suffering we should go about apologizing to everyone we think we may have victimized with our thoughts.