1. #1 Severe storms rumble across U.S. 
    Severe storms rumble across U.S.

BIRMINGHAM, Ala., May 3 (UPI) -- Funnel clouds were spotted in Alabama and Idaho Sunday and strong storms knocked out power to thousands of people, officials said.

The Birmingham (Ala.) News reported funnel clouds were spotted in Jefferson and Shelby counties in north-central Alabama but officials had not confirmed a tornado touching down. No serious damage was reported, the newspaper said.

However, the storms left more than 6,000 customers without electricity, an Alabama Power spokesman said.

KBOI-TV in Boise, Idaho, said a small funnel cloud was spotted near Emmett Sunday afternoon. However, a tornado warning expired without any touchdowns confirmed.

The storms brought dime- and quarter-sized hail, heavy rain and gusty winds up to 55 mph to parts of Idaho, the TV station said.

Link

Definitely a rough night here in the Mid-South.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Yeah, we had some big uglies miss us to the north by a few miles. Spring in the south!!
    Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

--Albert Einstein

Our gound is saturated and we have some roads underwater. It will be a week before I can start pulling rock again.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    It's actually been dry here this whole weekend, cloudy but dry. The heavy stuff was all south of us.

We took the hounds to a local greyhound picnic today at a small park near the house. Weather turned out perfect as it wasn't hot and the dawgs had a greyt time. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    It's actually been dry here this whole weekend, cloudy but dry. The heavy stuff was all south of us.

We took the hounds to a local greyhound picnic today at a small park near the house. Weather turned out perfect as it wasn't hot and the dawgs had a greyt time. :D
    I don't think it rained yesterday, but we got a good shower today. My backyard weeps. It's a total mud pit. I gotta spray my dog off with the hose before we let her in, so she doesn't track mud everywhere.

Our rain gauge had 2 inches in it for over the weekend.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ