1. #1 Study Drinking and Sex Habits of Homosexuals in Argentina 
    This is just a gay vacation. What, there are not enough gay bars right here for this "study"!

Feds Will Spend $400,000 to Study Drinking and Sex Habits of Homosexuals in Argentina

The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is funding a study that seeks to discover a link between drinking and having sex among homosexuals in Argentina.

The study will send researchers to six bars in Buenos Aires to interview both patrons and proprietors in an effort to discover what it is about those bars that may encourage the risky behavior.

The study began on Sept. 30, 2008, and runs through Aug. 31, 2010. It already has cost taxpayers $198,776. By the time the project ends, it will have cost $403,902, according to NIH.

The grant, awarded to the New York State Psychiatric Institute, was provided by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), the division of NIH that studies the effects of alcohol and alcoholism.

The study’s primary focus is to determine the relationship among drinking, bars frequented by homosexuals, and risky sexual behavior to see if certain bars in Argentina might be good targets for HIV-prevention campaigns.

“Targeting public venues in Buenos Aires where men meet, alcohol is consumed, and sexual behavior occurs, the goal of this two-year exploratory study is to understand the various factors that contribute to the creation of a high-risk sexual space,” the study’s abstract explains.

"To that end, the study seeks to describe the relative contribution of physical characteristics of the place, patron characteristics, type and level of alcohol consumption, and social dynamics that are at play and potentiate each other to result in sexual risk behavior."

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Banned
    What will our fruitcake politicians come up with next to piss our tax dollars down the drain.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    I've been privy to a lot of federally funded research projects, none of which I can discuss due to confidentiality and HIPPA, but this one ranks right up there as one of the stupidest.

Power CUer
    I'm sure we can all save the NIH time and money. I have to believe that gays and straights are the same in that willingness to have sex is directly proportional to the amount of alcohol consumed.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    This has the makings of a brilliantly funny mockumentary.

Possible Titles:

Blame it Rio... and six Mimosas.

Wash That Man Right Out of My Hair

Stevita

Didn't Jimmy Buffet write a song about his," Why don't we get drunk and sodomize each other?"

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post

Possible Titles:

Stevita
    Okay. That's funny, no matter who ya are....:D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post

Possible Titles:

Stevita
    At least it got all of the gay Liberal staffers out of DC for a while on an all expense paid gay gang bang !