Thread: The 97%'ers

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Closet View Post
    Hey! When I was born, Harry S. Truman was president!!! And I still feel young somewhere down there around my heart, perhaps a little lower...:D

Give 'em Hell WC.....:D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Perhaps, but if you (generic) pay $5k in federal taxes and some proportional amount in sales tax, while I (generic) pay $80k in federal taxes and some proporational amount in sales taxes, don't I have just as much right to regard you (generic) as a moocher as you (generic) regard that person that pays nothing in federal taxes as a moocher?

I THOUGHT I explicitly stated that if you support yourself you are NOT a moocher.

I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Banned
    Perhaps, but if you (generic) pay $5k in federal taxes and some proportional amount in sales tax, while I (generic) pay $80k in federal taxes and some proporational amount in sales taxes, don't I have just as much right to regard you (generic) as a moocher as you (generic) regard that person that pays nothing in federal taxes as a moocher?
    Using your analogy, let say x pays $400k in federal taxes and he thinks you are a moocher cause you only pay $80k. How does that make you feel? Then y pays 1 million in federal taxes and he thinks x is a moocher and then Bill Gates pays many millions and he says all of you are moochers because I pay more than any of you. I don't think we want to go down that road to class warfare because it is not productive and accomplishes nothing. You see, that proportional amount that one pays works both ways.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I THOUGHT I explicitly stated that if you support yourself you are NOT a moocher.

Well, that's what you said, but saying it doesn't necessarily make it true. To someone paying $100k in taxes, for example, someone only paying $5k may indeed be considered a moocher.

Well, that's what you said, but saying it doesn't necessarily make it true. To someone paying $100k in taxes, for example, someone only paying $5k may indeed be considered a moocher.
    Wrong. People who pay taxes are not moochers. People who pay NO taxes and yet receive government assistance, tax credits, get a yearly check. THEY are moochers.

Banned
    Where do you come up with that logic? 5k is a prolly a large part of their gross income.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Using your analogy, let say x pays $400k in federal taxes and he thinks you are a moocher cause you only pay $80k. How does that make you feel? Then y pays 1 million in federal taxes and he thinks x is a moocher and then Bill Gates pays many millions and he says all of you are moochers because I pay more than any of you. I don't think we want to go down that road to class warfare because it is not productive and accomplishes nothing. You see, that proportional amount that one pays works both ways.
    Of course it does. And oddly enough, you, of all people, have proven my original point. Be careful who you deem a "moocher" as you may be considered one by those who make more than you. And, by extension, from the original discussion with p45, be careful who you call a "real American," because those faux Americans in NYC, SF, LA, etc. may contribute more to society than the locals in Greensbourgh.

Thank you...

Banned
    Of course it does. And oddly enough, you, of all people, have proven my original point. Be careful who you deem a "moocher" as you may be considered one by those who make more than you. And, by extension, from the original discussion with p45, be careful who you call a "real American," because those faux Americans in NYC, SF, LA, etc. may contribute more to society than the locals in Greensbourgh.

Thank you...
    They are not "Real Americans" for reasons other then taxes. No a moocher is someone who takes more then he/she gives. You paid about a 1/3 in taxes? so did I so whats your point? I work for a living and you produce large amounts of douche from every orafice. :D

Thank you...

You are so full of crap your eyes are brown! Your big cities have inflated salaries, in Sf, NY, LA etc, the trades in unions make tres more than us mooks in the south, how can you compare? Your inflated worth of yourself make it harder on all of us.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar

I disagree, I think EVERYONE should pay the same percentage.

I think you agree with me in that paying a smaller amount does not make you a mooch.

What bothers me is those who pay no taxes voting tax increases for everyone else.
    Last edited by Constitutionally Speaking; 05-05-2009 at 11:02 PM.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.